Into the Rift: A hardcore custom world survival, WIP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I am working on another modpack (Because god help me, I'm too lazy to finish the others). This one, like Under Siege and Sky Dungeons, is in the same universe. In ItR, you are trapped in a landless, dark, void, with nothing but the scientific station you stand on and a few NPCs to guide you. The main spice to this modpack is light... If your station runs out of power, the lights go out, sirens will blare and the hoardes of mobs will most likely end you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLOT:

You were, supposedly anyways, a scientist working for the Gateway project. A project working towards the ultimate goal of reaching other dimensions. We were competing against the 3 Races to create the technology first, so we could claim the worlds as our own. It was much like the space race of old Earth.
I suppose that was our down fall.. We got sloppy, we made a few errors and paid most direly for them. In mere seconds, our Nexus destabilized and the station we were in was ripped from the realm and we entered the most dreaded of all the dimensions.. Limbo. A previously theoretical dimension that exists in the gap between separate universes, where there is no light, no peaceful life, just darkness. Now the survivors of project Gateway, myself included, are fighting for our lives! We have no food, no water, no power. And even worse are the demonic beings that lurk in this damned world. If our light goes out for even a second, they come for us.. I don't know how I'll ever get back to Earth, but I will do everything I can, or die trying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FEATURES:

The station's powered lights are your only source of light for most of the game. If they do not get enough power, sections of your base will be plunged into darkness, sirens like the ones from Silent Hill will blare, and monsters will spawn and wreak havoc upon everything! Want to craft torches? WELL TOO BAD.

You must find or create a steady source of food, which is highly lacking. Water is another issue, as it is finite and of limited supply. Did I also mention it's salt water, and bad to drink straight out of the ground?

Interactive NPCs which give you quests, guidance, and support.

Quests from the HQM questbook which provide an interesting storyline for you to follow.

You only live once. Being reckless just might end it all.

Technological progression is a tad bit faster due to you only living once. I'm not THAT cruel to make you spend 10 hours in getting your machines, just to die later.

Mod list
All U Want
Apocalype (Currently disabled, need to test for balance)
Carpenters Blocks
Compact Machines
Custom NPCs
Dynamic Lights
EnderIO
Enviromine
Ex Nihilo + It's addons
Extra Utilities
Hardcore Darkness
HQM
Hunger Overhaul
Infernal Mobs
Magical Crops
Open Blocks
Pam's Harvestcraft
Progressive Automation
Redstone Arsenal
Reliquary
RFtools
Simply Jetpacks
Special AI
Special Mobs
Thermal Foundation
And I want Witchery, but it conflicts with Enviromine's Dehydration Effect and causes the absolute wierdest bug..

Many more mods are in this pack, but they're too minor to be worth mentioning

DON'T FORGET TO GIVE SUGGESTIONS, I NEED 'EM!

Last edited:
Reactions: theflogat

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
Disable hoes. Make farmland a hard to craft item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brilliant! I was wondering about how to deal with that issue. Since if someone got a bunch of dirt from compost, the food issue would be pretty much resolved.

Also, I will post a list of my mods that are relevant enough to type.