Internal Exception Error - Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollowfires

Jul 29, 2019
Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
and
End of Stream

These messages are quite bothersome when it comes to multiplayer. I only receive these errors on multiplayer.

I have spent about two hours on google trying to find asolution to this problem with no succeed.

If someone could help me out that would be appreciated.

Additional Info:
Did a clean install for FTB 1.4.7 and Java 64bit
Running Windows 7 64-bit
Wireless laptop w/ 20 Mbps up and down speed.
~Wired connection with Ethernet cable does not have an effect with the constant connection drops.
Port is forwarded; it did not fix the error after being forwarded correctly.
Oftifine HD installed - Not sure if this makes a difference but it doesn't seem like it.

mindlesspuppetz

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly looks like a TCP/IP connection is being either dropped/blocked....

-----
Update: found a post using google suggesting updating Forge, when people had the same error.

Hollowfires

Jul 29, 2019
Edit:

As soon as I was creating this message, I disconnected so the problem wasn't solved unfortunately :/

I did another clean install (tested with and without optifine on) - Moved the .jar file into the FTB folder this time.

Also restarted router.

Less problems and disconnects, but I still DC.

I assume that it may be an issue with host servers possible since I never experience this issue with other game servers hosted by players.

Nightshadow

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot solve this issue myself :'(

I may give up and throw my pc out the window and be done with minecraft. I cant handle it dropping out every 1-2 minutes...

Hollowfires

Jul 29, 2019
It appears that this error is a network error.

Either with the host's upload speed or the user's download speed.

The error has been 'fixed' in a way I suppose.

I do suggest not using a Power Suit to fly around as fast as possible though because that can often cause disconnects even faster. Packets cannot be received fast enough so you receive the java internal error.

Try standing in one to four chunks only. Don't try to load a giant area and let the chunks process around you. That's my tip anyway.

hyperkiller3

Jul 29, 2019
From what I have seen, this issues been happening with Wireless computers, something must be going on with the wireless connections or could the wireless not be good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.