Interesting idea for starting new worlds

Magma Cubian

Jul 29, 2019
A thought of an interesting idea for starting new worlds.
If you want to get started quick, give yourself a fully upgraded power tool. I found this made it easier to get started mining, etc. but didn't completely ruin the game.
Just an idea :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
A thought of an interesting idea for starting new worlds.
If you want to get started quick, give yourself a fully upgraded power tool. I found this made it easier to get started mining, etc. but didn't completely ruin the game.
Just an idea :)

get some wood, make a crafting table and make yourself a wooden pickaxe, go mining in the nearest cave at the surface, mine 3 cobblestone and make a cobblestone pickaxe, then go find some iron and coal, make an iron pickaxe right away, if the cave goes deeper, explore it, ortherwise find a cave near you that does, and go mine some RP gems and make yourself a gem pickaxe, there, was that so hard? seems like alot of work, but if you get to it right away, this could be done within 15 to 20 minutes, all legit.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I sometimes give myself some highly-enchanted wooden tools without unbreaking that last for a very small amount of time and kick-start me into the game. If I could get MCedit and NBTedit and whatnot to work, I would give myself boots with haste 10 and unbreaking -100.

Philonecron

Jul 29, 2019
Idk about you guys, but once I build a block breaker I mine some obsidian (sans diamonds) and head straight to the nether, where I can get a stack of iron if i snipe off the troublemaking pigmen first. No creepers in the nether.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
You know that there is an option in the game creation to make a chest near you with some supplies, don't you? :S (which i use just because i like to roleplay and i do not punch things... i mean, no wood punching...if i dont get a tool i just go and "dig" some gravel with my fists to get wood with the flint. Doin some things this way and roleplaying makes the game last longer and be more fun.. At least for me, you could try it :D

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Getting a wooden pickaxe in the starting chest saves maybe 20 seconds and doesn't really change the game, unless you really subscribe to the roleplaying no tree-punching rule. In which case, what do you do if an axe doesn't spawn in the chest?

BaltimoreRavens

Jul 29, 2019
might be kinda cheaty but whenever i make a new world i always give myself a miners backpack and a diggers backpack, always helps instead of running in and out of the cave when inventory is full...... but i do make sure i throw away the backpacks once i have setup base and got most of the minerals i need.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
You know that there is an option in the game creation to make a chest near you with some supplies, don't you? :S (which i use just because i like to roleplay and i do not punch things... i mean, no wood punching...if i dont get a tool i just go and "dig" some gravel with my fists to get wood with the flint. Doin some things this way and roleplaying makes the game last longer and be more fun.. At least for me, you could try it :D
Well, if you really don't like the tree punching, you could try Terra Firma Craft :D

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you really don't like the tree punching, you could try Terra Firma Craft :D

Yeah i did! But for compatibility issues i stopped playing with it :p It was awesome though :D

Getting a wooden pickaxe in the starting chest saves maybe 20 seconds and doesn't really change the game, unless you really subscribe to the roleplaying no tree-punching rule. In which case, what do you do if an axe doesn't spawn in the chest?

If you read before posting maybe you will find the "... if i dont get a tool i just go and "dig" some gravel with my fists to get wood with the flint. " :)

Reactions: budge

Philonecron

Jul 29, 2019
What do you use the flint for, exactly?
Do you shoot the tree down with arrows, or light it on fire?

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
What do you use the flint for, exactly?
Do you shoot the tree down with arrows, or light it on fire?

Im sorry, maybe i have to be more specific to some ppl without imagination or basic logic power:

Flint, can be used to chop the wood instead of an axe :) What's the logic behind this? Well, as far as i know humanity started without axes and tree punching magic fists, so.. Flint, its common and hard enough to use it as a tool :) As we all know (maybe you don't) stronger materials can be used to destroy/cut/pierce/etc.. materials, so flint, being easily obtainable in game at first, being hard enough to help getting wood, is a good thing to take down a tree :)

And nope, i first need wood to get the arrows (at least if you don't kill a skeleton) and.. Nah, lighting on fire? I want wood, not ashes :) As frankenstein said: Fire! BAD!

And, sincerely man, you really need to open your mind a little, you're really confusing real world reality with minecraft, you need to think more as a human and less like steve.. Or you will end up punching a tree if you find yourself lost in the woods.. And i wouldn't like to be you that day, ouch :/

Reactions: Lambert2191