Interest in an RP

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
So, it's been a while since one of these puppies was run on this forum, so I was kind of curious as to whether there was still interest in getting a Roleplay up and running on here.

Shamelessly stolen from @the_j485 cause I don't think it could be written any clearer
"For those unfamiliar to the concept of a forum-based RP, essentially, the GM makes the RP, and the players each make a character sheet, filling in details like name, personality, history, abilities, etc. Once accepted by the GM, these players each make a post where they describe what their character will do in that moment."

It differs somewhat to the collaborative fiction approach that I know some people on these forums have got involved with. The GM kind of has overall control of the story, however your characters can still influence that through their actions.

If interested people could put up any genre ideas that they have/would like, that would be a useful gauge of what people want to play.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...How about a cyberpunk setting - uber-high-tech dystopia, renegade group installing extreme and dangerous upgrades to themselves in order to try and overthrow a totalitarian government? Lots of moral grey areas, ability to choose a side, magic-esque abilities from tech upgrades?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet. I'm already GMing a pretty shit one over on Iwaku, so will probably go for a weekly posting cycle. I'll ping some people from former RPs on the forum to see if I can drum up some interest here, otherwise I may end up shifting it over to Iwaku. Would that be a problem for either of you guys?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome. I'll try and put aside a bit of time at the weekend and put up a signups thread. See if we can't get a bit more interest.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
It sounds interesting, depending on the post length I might be able to manage 1 a week. What's Iwaku? A RP forum?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
1 post a week should be manageable, depending on the setting I'm probably in.