Integrating FTB into your MC install - Remove need for client + Reduce Lag

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Note: I'm making this to attempt to help out people, if there is an issue with this thread or it's a duplicate/not needed please delete :)

I've seen many people complain of lag and I wanted to try and offer a solution.

So you might be in the same boat as me: The mod team, noble as they are, have not yet included Optifine for lack of permission. The game is far laggier then vanilla minecraft, yes? You also Can't run the game if something happens on the provider's end. We'll have no fears, here's some instructions that will (hopefully) resolve some of your issues!

NOTE: Backup your .minecraft file or at LEAST your worlds before attempting this! If you do not know how, below will instruct you!

When you run the FTB client, it downloads all of the required files to a folder on your computer. To find this folder, boot up your FTB launcher and go to 'options.' It should be listing a default folder, navigate there and enter. You should see a folder labeled 'FTBBETAA,' enter that. Then enter 'minecraft.' Keep that window handy for a minute.

Go to your start menu and search '%appdata%' with percentage signs included. You should see a folder labeled 'Roaming,' go in there, where the first folder should be '.minecraft' Duplicate this folder if you wish to backup your current install, then enter the original. Go to your 'minecraft' folder that you opened a minute ago, select everything, and drag it all into '.minecraft.' If it asks you to overwrite, say yes, every time.

Good! Almost done. Now we need to get Forge running, which is very easy to do. Go back to your Minecraft folder that you just copied over and go back once, to 'FTBBETAA.' Go into 'instMods,' and into Minecraft Forge using winrar or your program of choice. Go back to your .minecraft install, an navigate to the 'bin' folder. Open 'minecraft.jar' with your zip program of choice. Copy ALL of the files in MinecraftForge over to Minecraft.jar, then delete your META-INF folder. Don't worry, you don't need it!

If all went well, you can start up minecraft just as you would normally, without the client, and log in. You still need the FTB files, so pirates will still have a hell of a time abusing this, and you can install personal mods like Optifine without issue. You should also notice a massive increase in framerate. I personally installed Balkon's weapons mod, Mo' Creatures and Nether Ores without issue, so try to mix and match!

I hope this helped at least a few people, this is a truly great modpack that deserves to be enjoyed at a playable FPS :)