Integraded dynamics)tunnels detect item in chest.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I just got started with integrated dynamics. I have seen some spotlights but not much around there that goes into details.

I understand a bit of programming so I get what a variable is and operators, pointers, variable types,...

never the less I can't get my head around on how to make a simple:
- check if Cobblestone is on a vanilla chest and output a Redstone signal.

Lets split it up were my problems are.
  1. Set item to search for. (Searched_Item)
    • Item Variable Card set to: Cobblestone
    • or String Variable Card set to: "Cobblestone"
  2. Get the item in the chest. (Inv_Item)
    • I tried with the "List". My idea was to check the list content against the Item type. This way I do not have to care about Item slots. Otherwise, I would need to make a loop that checks each item Slot. (not sure if loops are possible)
    • I understand that the elements of the lists are of type 'String'. So in 1 I need to set a String variable to: "Cobblestone"
  3. Check content vs item (Comparator)
    • Tried with the compare function... but does not seems to work. Take in as Argument 1 a List and Argument 2 = Any gives back boolean.
  4. Output if true or false.(Output)
    • Easy.. just get the boolean return from the Comparator and set it on a Redstone Writer.
edit: Clean-up and better asking

Last edited:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I just rewrote the post so it's a bit clearer and more structured... I wrote it this morning on the mobile and had a bit of a hurry.
If there is no one around here who has the answer, is there a special reddit or integrated Dynamic thread where I could find someone more involved in this?