Installing shaders via FTB?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

gRntaus

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I've recently found texture packs through the launcher and absolutely love them! I'd like to also try working with a water shader (and other assorted shaders) later. However I'm yet to work out how to install them. Most shaders tell me to use Optifine or Forge but I am obviously using the FTB launcher to manage my mods. Is anyone able to give me some tips or point me in the right direction to install this game?

For example in this link http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/542215-125-water-shader-alpha-v5b/ if I follow the steps there are is no meta_inf folder for example.

gRntaus

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have gotten Optifine 1.5.2 and GLSL 1.5.2 installed correctly. I've also since been able to add the new shader pack but I can't see anything new or fancy so I'm not sure if it's working as yet boo.

gRntaus

Jul 29, 2019
It's not the mod that is outdated it's the Modular Power Suits mod that prevents the shaders from loading. I've disabled it until I can work out where / how to edit the config file so that I can turn the custom font off as it's currently incompitable with Optifine. You do realise I wouldn't post here unless I had too. While all the info is on Google so its so spread out and comes from such disparate sources finding reliable and up to date info can be extremely tricky.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You could try the thread here. Although it is for 1.4.7 only. According to the thread you linked it looks like the original author only did the mod for 1.2.5 and someone else did an update for 1.4.7.

Using optifine is not recommended for 1.5.2 because forge had a lot of optimizing done to it and as such is now no longer required and will cause problems if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.