Installing FTB to a seperate drive...

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Cenarilan

Jul 29, 2019
I recently installed an SSD in addition to my HDD. Normally FTB installs the majority of its files to wherever you specify. However, I have found that in addition to these normal install files, there is also a set of files that is stored in AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher - a file location which is by default a system file.

I do not want to install any of the FTB files to my SSD, is there a way to install FTB so that this AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher is in a different location?

Cenarilan

Jul 29, 2019
You can run minecraft from any directory, this is what I'm currently using to do so (Source). I was wondering if there might be a similar fix for FTB so that I don't have to worry about constant writes to my SSD.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
It should be possible using the vanilla launcher but you will have to migrate your modpack. The only downside is you would have to do it after every modpack update.

If you want to try it you would need to edit the profile from within the vanilla launcher and change the game directory location.