Windows .exe Install/running on Win 8 [Resolved]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

rappaport

Jul 29, 2019
Details:
Java: v7 update 11 64bit

Vanilla runs with no problems at all.

Placed launcher in install folder and run it. Launcher loads but none of the panels populate. I can view options but nothing else is viewable.

Edit: Tried using .jar instead of the exe with the same results.

Console returns:
Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Failed to read modpack file - falling back to direct download: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ModPacks\modpacks.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine

Any help is much appreciated.

Edit 1: Added .jar use and results.
Edit 2: Able to change yellow and red text to black.

NINJAGYMNAST

Jul 29, 2019
Details:
Java: v7 update 11 64bit

Vanilla runs with no problems at all.

Placed launcher in install folder and run it. Launcher loads but none of the panels populate. I can view options but nothing else is viewable.

Console returns:
Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Failed to read modpack file - falling back to direct download: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ModPacks\modpacks.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine

Any help is much appreciated.
the exact thing happens to me and i have a freind who it worked for the very first time

TheChristensen

Jul 29, 2019
First off, please don't use yellow text, it makes it extremely difficult to read. Second, try using the .jar launcher instead.

rappaport

Jul 29, 2019
First off, please don't use yellow text, it makes it extremely difficult to read. Second, try using the .jar launcher instead.
Sorry about the yellow text, tried changing it but it wouldnt for some reason, was a direct copy for the console. Just tried to use the .jar with the same results as the exe file. Thanks tho.

Editted first post with that info as well

TheChristensen

Jul 29, 2019
I think your problem with the launcher is in your firewall settings. If you go into the firewall and allow connections with java and the FTB launcher, that should work

rappaport

Jul 29, 2019
I think your problem with the launcher is in your firewall settings. If you go into the firewall and allow connections with java and the FTB launcher, that should work
Didnt even think of this issue. Turns out it was the firewall, now to figure out the settings that let me have it active and still let ftb go through it. Thanks for the help.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Did you remove it from the appdata/roaming position. This location i known to give problems with the launcher.

ChocoMocoHD

Jul 29, 2019
i also tried using the firewall but it still doesn't work for me
I had this same problem and then got help from a FTB Admin. First close all java programs, press WINDOWS button + R and paste in this code: -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
And you should see a black screen pop up and disappear in a millisecond and that means it worked! :D

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
What does not work? You bumped an old thread. Try this first if you have windows 8. If that does not fix the problem or you do not have windows 8 follow this guide exactly to install FTB the recommended way. Finally after all that if you are still experiencing problems please start a new thread and post your console log in debug mode as you are expericing the error to pastebin.com and link it in the new thread. This guide will help with the log.

Status
Not open for further replies.