Input on Mod ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which mod would you want the most

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
If I were to base my decision of the current results, I'd say steampunk is winning and that there is half as much interest in travel and not enough interest to devote the time to modeling and animation for the mobs, least of all, functioning code. So I'm nixing the creatures. Which I apparently can't do.

But this poll has given me a general idea where my time should go.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
That said, there's nothing to stop you from adding travel routes as one of the features of your steampunk thing. Perhaps being able to travel along steam lines? Or a steam catapult! 600 PSI to launch a player 60 blocks!

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
That said, there's nothing to stop you from adding travel routes as one of the features of your steampunk thing. Perhaps being able to travel along steam lines? Or a steam catapult! 600 PSI to launch a player 60 blocks!
This is steam punk, not the carnival. You'll use a special enderpearl ammo shot out or mortar that you have to calculate the angle xz and pointed up y degrees, and how much gun powder to add to get it to land where you want. Based off of this concept that already exists, just need to refine the process, and maybe allow you to switch out the gunpowder for steam pressure.

I will be using the scientific method to develop everything for this mod based on a mix of real processes using minecraft logic. You won't know where the tech ended and the magic began because each step will be so logical that it won't be until your at Q that you wonder how you got to Q from A. If you stop to think about that at all.

Last edited:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I was hoping for a glider and saibot combo.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The plane is technically optional. And really it only launches you into the air. Flying is something the plane does. Really this is like the Aerial Faith Plates from the Portal Gun mod, but steam powered.