Info request: What's this modpack's secret?

D

dm8mydog

This is the only modpack that plays with high FPS, every other one I play strugles around 20-30FPS average (40-50 at best when I'm not doing anything and I'm in the middle of nowhere).

My computer isn't too bad, 8 core, 16GB ram, R2 270 (yeah the GFX could be better) but so far *THIS* modpack is the only one that plays very smoothly (and vanilla minecraft).
I get 80-100 FPS easily. This is much more enjoyable.

So: What's your secret? I'd love to be able to duplicate this experience in some of the other modpacks I play that have some, if not most, of the same mods in them... Lost Souls, Sky Factory 3, Project Ozone Lite ... all suffer from low FPS... Yours does not!

please please please please gimme a hint!

What could be the super special secret? no journeymaps? something else?

Writerkid2012

Jul 29, 2019
less mods than most kitchensink style packs. skyblock world. simplistic objectives. those all help. i am not sure what is causing the major change but it is overall a less heavy pack. lost souls is in the nether which just has a lot of various things which are more laggy than the overworld tends to be (though the overworld isnt great in lost souls either so i think that might be from whatever the thing is with shogoths), skyfactory 3 and project ozone lite have a lot of mods

F

FeatheryBacon

I think it's a mod or a certain combination of mods that does it. I made a modpack a while ago and everyone easily gets at least 60fps, and it's a pretty big pack.

M

matthiashaid

the maker are realy bad at codeing and computercraft under the map (if they code better they can make a good mod annd not 3 blocks bugy and ubgrades no one can use)