InfiniWatermill, How to make without RP2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
WIthout RP2, My tried and true method of generating small but constant amounts of IC's EU, Seems either much more difficult, or really hard to set-up now.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/DM200/media/RP2WM_zps14a9b37f.png.html

This is it, If the link works. I'm wondering, in the beta ulti-pack, what could i use to emulate this design?
I had tried those routers, but i ran into issues keeping full buckets in the water mills, and then trying to refill them with a liquid transposer.

x.x Anyone figure this out?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
WIthout RP2, My tried and true method of generating small but constant amounts of IC's EU, Seems either much more difficult, or really hard to set-up now.

This is it, If the link works. I'm wondering, in the beta ulti-pack, what could i use to emulate this design?
I had tried those routers, but i ran into issues keeping full buckets in the water mills, and then trying to refill them with a liquid transposer.

ME exporter into the water mill exporting full buckets of water. ME importer on the bottom pulling emptybuckets out. Export empty buckets into the bucket filler of your choice.

Reactions: Jacob Larson

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
try using railcraft loaders and unloaders with a chest cart on a single track. It will be hellovalot more expensive, but they will run the water mills

tindin

Jul 29, 2019

did you try putting the watermills right in the water with all but one side having water on it and on side for the cable? works fine for me

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
MFR liquicrafter filling buckets or glass bottles (the liquicrafter itself being filled with an aqueous). Then pipe it out of the liquicrafter to the watermill with your choice of method. I'd probably use buildcraft pipes just to annoy Dave.[DOUBLEPOST=1371414383][/DOUBLEPOST]
did you try putting the watermills right in the water with all but one side having water on it and on side for the cable? works fine for me

That generates a fraction of an EU per tick. A bucket generates 1EU/t and a glass bottle generates 2EU/t

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
MFR liquicrafter filling buckets or glass bottles (the liquicrafter itself being filled with an aqueous). Then pipe it out of the liquicrafter to the watermill with your choice of method. I'd probably use buildcraft pipes just to annoy Dave.[DOUBLEPOST=1371414383][/DOUBLEPOST]

That generates a fraction of an EU per tick. A bucket generates 1EU/t and a glass bottle generates 2EU/t

i get 15 eu/t from 21 water mills placed in a tower with water on 5 sides cable on 1 the op didnt state how much eu he wanted just easy way to do them....it takes next to nothing to make watermills and you get 2 per caft....

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
i get 15 eu/t from 21 water mills placed in a tower with water on 5 sides cable on 1 the op didnt state how much eu he wanted just easy way to do them....it takes next to nothing to make watermills and you get 2 per caft....

The OP did say he was looking for a way to fill containers.

Also:

The maximum output of an unmanned Water Mill is 0.25EU/t

Your 21 water mills are generating no more than 5.25EU/t

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
I actually build the system in manual because it's both more compact, And i'm typicly rather far from an ocean or large body of water to use.

I usually stuff the thing in my basement and it'll handle my early power needs for a good while. It's also on demand power, meaning if it's not needed, it's not running.

You can also: Set it up rather easily, expand or subtract for away from home needs(Quarry, using Powerconverters), And just add onto the system rather easily.

It's also fairly cheap in comparison to making alot of solars first thing, with the added benefit of working at night.

renn_123

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft tank of water with IOs and routers. Extremely expandable and fairly cheap (not counting water mills).

To expand a little further the routers move full buckets when there is space and the router moves out empty buckets. These get sent to an Item IO on a xycraft tank that has the xycraft water on one valve (inf. water). Then the filled bucket gets removed from another IO to the sending router.

Reactions: Fuzzlewhumper

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft tank of water with IOs and routers. Extremely expandable and fairly cheap (not counting water mills).

To expand a little further the routers move full buckets when there is space and the router moves out empty buckets. These get sent to an Item IO on a xycraft tank that has the xycraft water on one valve (inf. water). Then the filled bucket gets removed from another IO to the sending router.

Unfortunately, we can presume by "no redpower" that he's on 1.5.2, which also means no xycraft yet.

Gotissues

Jul 29, 2019
use thaumcraft golems get one to take empty buckets from mills into a xycraft tank. Get another to move filled buckets to water mills marked with maker blocks. You could also use a turtle to fill buckets instead. That our use routers but there more expensive and hard to do because the machine filter doesn't to water mills

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I don't know of any other methods than Turtles or Liquid Transposers.

Turtles really aren't that complicated, especially for simple tasks like filling buckets. A liquid transposer would be easier, but it does require some MJ power so it's not a perfect solution.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Feeding a row of generators with wood from an MFR farm is cheaper than feeding a row of watermills with buckets of water and produces 5 times more power per generator used.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I have to say that, given that the Watermill/RP2 thing wasn't really intended on IC2's part (flimsy argument, I know), there are other, better ways of generating early power.

One method that I like, and saw on Slow's stream a while back is an early nuke. It takes a decent amount of copper (which is relatively easy to find), and a stable one outputs at about 30EU/tick. Dump that into a batbox or equivalent, and you have decent, relatively early power, which can be expanded as resources allow.

The other thing to consider is not using IC2 for the early stuff. TE has become very popular (if not the standard) starting method lately, not least, I'd guess because of the easy automation and the usefulness of Hobbyist engines for consistent, if small amounts of power.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
The other thing to consider is not using IC2 for the early stuff. TE has become very popular (if not the standard) starting method lately, not least, I'd guess because of the easy automation and the usefulness of Hobbyist engines for consistent, if small amounts of power.
TE's own Steam Engines are actually a REALLY good early-game MJ power source. They generate a bit more MJ/t than Hobbyist Steam engines, and don't require a warmup/cooldown period.

Sara Dr In te House

Jul 29, 2019
TE's own Steam Engines are actually a REALLY good early-game MJ power source. They generate a bit more MJ/t than Hobbyist Steam engines, and don't require a warmup/cooldown period.
TE steam is good but the Hobbyist produces more power for the same fuel requirements. In a test I built 2 redstone ecs and placed 1 engine per cube, aqueous accumilator for water and 10 coal each. The Hobbiest produced about 10k more MJs. Took longer but a good steady production.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

You have translocators AND YET you use Emerald Pipes. Just to spite me.[DOUBLEPOST=1371490398][/DOUBLEPOST]

Key comparisons:
  1. Hobbyist Steam Engines are much more efficient than TE steam engines, but only on long running loads.
  2. Hobbyist Steam Engines have a startup and cooldown time that is significant, making it hard to balance with early-game workshop loads but ideal for feeding redstone energy cells.
  3. Hobbyist Steam Engines output 3mj/ with an external steam supply. Protip: Factorizatoin solar boilers auto-eject steam into adjacent tanks, making early solar MJ a reality if you get a bit lucky with silver.