Request Infinity with FE ?

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I´m running a small Server with Infinity 1.11.2 and Fore Essentials, it works fine. Now I try to Update it to the newest Version of Infinity... and it wont work...

Is that now incompatile ? - If not... how I have to install it?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly are you updating it? Is this server a server in your home or somewhere else?

**The rest below this probably doesn't apply. I actually wrote all of it before realizing I should probably wait for a response. Just in case I forget to check though it is here to read while you wait the rest of eternity for a answer.**

How I usually update a server is copy all the integral files to a backup:
server.properties
the .json files
eula.txt
The world save itself
(if you changed any file in the config folder and/or mods folder it might be worth grabbing a copy of those individual files. Just try and maintain folder path structure)
There might be some other folders worth backing up. Not for sure. They are usually mod dependent.

Extract the new server files somewhere that is other then the server folder it was using.
Copy some of the old files to it:
server.properties
the .json files.
eula.txt
the world save itself

Then change any config file or mod as desire. Until the old changes are mirrored as possible.
Copy over any folder that are mod dependent.

Try running the server. If errors are given about missing blocks and/or items note them carefully. If they are supposed to be gone then I tell the server to continue.
I inspect the save for damage or corruption.
If I find the save to be still use able I play on it.

I always keep the backups from updates. Usually end up compressing them into their own files with notes about date of backup, modpack, and version numbers.

Edit 001:
misspelled the word "It". I accidentally used "I" instead. That would have lead to that part possibly being misunderstood by the reader.

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Don´t work. Got no Crash Report, got no log... it simple don´t work / start up.
Sorry, I don't remember seeing this response. You didn't answer the questions though.
"How exactly are you updating the server?" Could you walk me through what steps you took to get from server version 1.11.2 to the version you are currently trying to use? There are a few different ways of upgrading modpack server software. It would help a lot knowing what your way was.

"Is this server in your home or somewhere else?" This would probably be answered by the answer to the first question. I am not asking for the servers exact location. Just a generalized location. I am asking if the server is in your house. I am not asking where that house is or where the server is in the house. I am asking is the server online. I am not asking for the information to connect to it. A better question may be "do you need to use the internet to access this server?" If you had no internet access at all would you still be able to access and set up this server.

As to it not providing a log. It isn't likely to be the server then. If the server even started to launch it would have left a log somewhere. With it not launching at all it is more likely to be what is being used to launch the server.

If you are launching it through "serverstart.bat" or "serverstart.sh" then you might not have updated one of those two files. They both call on a very specific files that changes from version to version. If they are not updated too they will not work.

There are many other reasons for a server to fail to launch, and fail to provide any sort of log. It usually has nothing to do with the server. It is a lot more likely to have to do with how the server is configured by the end user to launch.
Could I get some help please. Or is it here to racist and people who can not get no english help?
I have no clue what that meant. Pretty sure it was uncalled for, and really hoping it wasn't aimed at me.

Again sorry I was so late with the response. I totally forgot about this thread.

Last edited:

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Remove fastcraft from the server, it does not work with FE. You can find logs in the logs folder, fml-server-latest.log

Reactions: DeathOfTime