Request Infinity Skyblock Build Guide

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I really want to play Infinity Skyblock but I just cannot get my head around the build order. Is there a guide out there or perhaps someone who can offer a loose build order (for tech) to help me get going?

Nivix

Jul 29, 2019
The beginning of Infinity Skyblock will be a grind. But it pays off later, just make smart choices with your materials.

I don't know how much detail you are looking for, so I'll write a broad outline of the path I chose:

1. Sieve.
    • Silk mesh is made from string which can be either farmed from spiders or harvested from silkworms.
  2. Automatic cobble gen.
    • Sift through dust until you have enough iron and redstone to create the block breaker and redstone clock. Use these blocks to create the cobble gen. The block breaker will output to any inventory directly behind it so you can use a chest, drawer, or barrel to catch the cobble.
  3. Tinkers' Smeltery (needed for alloys... eg: electrum)
    • Create the minimum smeltery. (You can easily expand later by throwing cobble in the smeltery and creating more seared brick).
    • Lava to run the smeltery can be obtained by creating a crucible (ex nihilo), putting a torch underneath, and filling the crucible with cobble. It will slowly melt into cobble.
      • As you do not have a bucket, a problem becomes "how to get lava from barrel into smeltery?". I used a wooden waterproof pipe from buildcraft and redstone engine to move the lava from crucible to smeltery. The cactus for the pipe sealant was obtained from cactus seeds (sifting sand).
  4. Get some powah!
    • I used the water mill from immersive engineering. Had no clue about the mod so I youtubed it and found the most efficient build for the water mills.
    • You will need some small amount of power generation just to build the water wheel. (Iron shaft in IC2 metal former). I recommend either the survivalist engine (5RF/t), hobbyist engine (16RF/t), or IC2 generator (40RF/t).
    • You will need a coke furnace to generate creosote oil for the treated sticks.
    • To build the coke furnace, you will need clay. Clay is dust + water in an oak barrel. You will not be able to fill the barrel with water from a bucket, because at this point you do not have a bucket. But you can fill it with glass bottles and the water source block you started with (glass bottles do not use up the source block).
  5. Start the automation process.
    • Build an automatic sieve, auto compressor, and auto hammerer. Setup some sort of processing system with extra utilities transfer pipes to drawers. I would go more into depth on this, but it took me seven hours to create my first processing system. Basically you want cobble -> hammerer -> gravel -> sifted -> sort out broken clumps -> auto compressor -> hammerer -> sifting -> etc.
    • As you get more resources from the crude automatic setup, you can slowly build onto this system..adding more hammerers and sieves as needed.
  6. IndustrialCraft 2
    • IC2 is the starting tech mod (other than immersive engineering). This is because thermal expansion and ender io are blocked by the assembly table in buildcraft. Which -- if you want really want to start with the assembly table and lasers and thermionic fabricators and railcraft...then go ahead :p
    • Make a metal former, roll some iron plates and make that first bucket. Now you have access to extra utilities liquid nodes. Awesome.
    • Build an mfe for your power storage. 600,000 EU is about 6 million RF storage.
  7. Thermal expansion
    • To build any machine from thermal expansion, you will need the assembly table from buildcraft for the machine frames.
      • Build a rock crusher from railcraft (crushed obsidian)
      • Build a thermionic fabricator (circuits)
    • Build some machine frames, use one for an induction furnace.
    • Use the induction furnace to create hardened glass, which we will use to start the next section...
  8. Logistic Pipes
    • Logistics pipes will be a huge jump in automation. I recommend using a large array of storage drawers and a polymorphic itemsink module + provider module connected to the drawer controller.
    • Use logistic pipe crafting modules to automate all the machines.
    • Work toward autocrafting all grindy things..such as IC2 circuits and advanced circuits, advanced machine casings, steel, assembly table, etc.
  9. Even more powah!
    • Now you are mid game. I was at a loss for which direction to take regarding power. At first I played with the solar panels from solar expansion..but they required too much steel and electrotine and my auto-sifting could not keep up. Then I looked into IC2 windmills..and they were my answer! If you have much of the IC2 machines automated, they are a breeze to build and setup. The hardest part is running cable all the way up to Y160 to connect all the windmills together. Direwolf20 has a sneaky solution to this, which involves transferring a battery back and forth between MFEs.
    • While you are at it build a IC2 nuclear reactor. Or two. Or in my case, three. They are a good supply of plutonium and power gen, if you use a safe configuration. I had a friend on the server doing thaumcraft and he built a room out of warded glass so I could be protected from any big booms.
  10. Tree farm. My friend did this with golems from thaumcraft so I didn't have to worry about it, but infinite wood is really helpful at this point. You can run generators with the charcoal for more power, pulverize the wood into sawdust for plastic sheets which will lead into MineFactory Reloaded, etc.
  11. Mob farm. Again, I would build this early. They are very simply to make, and very lucrative because the mob spawn rate is insane. I used openblock fans to blow the mobs into punji sticks instead of water because I wanted ender pearls from endermen.
  12. Teach the logistic pipe system how to make pellets of rtg fuel and mox fuel from the plutonium you are getting from the nuclear reactor. Teach it how to make iridium in an assembly table, then setup an active supplier for a stack of iridium and wait. For like a week. In real life. This is why I had three nuclear reactors...I NEEDED PLUTONIUM FASTER!
  13. Use the iridium to make Sunnarium Alloy and the mob drops + auto sifting system to make Galgadorian metal...and then you can craft the certus quartz wrench, which is your key to AE!
  14. Applied Energistics 2. Which is basically end game tech.

Last edited:

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
@Nivix I've hit a road block. I cannot figure out how to make gears. I have a smeltery up but cannot get the lava to pump to it without energy, which requires gears.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
@Celestialphoenix Thanks I will do that... I still can't figure out how to get gears though. It looks like an endless loop. Either you have to have a metal press which needs a gear, or you make them in the smeltery, but you need a gear to make the cast.

Nivix

Jul 29, 2019
@Reddis I apologize for my delayed response -- you can make a gear cast using the stone gear. 4 sticks makes a wooden gear, 4 cobble around wooden gear makes stone gear.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
@Nivix I have hit another road block I am hoping you can help me with. I have been trying to set up my water wheel but in order to make it, I need an iron shaft / metal former. To get the metal former I need the assembly table, which I made, to get an iron chip set. The problem I have is to power the assembly table, I need RF, which requires a dynamo, which requires a chip set. It appears to be an vicious circle I can't break!

Sandstroem

Jul 29, 2019
There are a lot of options for power. I used culinary generators for quite a while with just tofu, I think the silken one. Of course that means you need to get into crossbreeding stuff with agricraft. You can also autocraft better food like Beef Wellington or epic bacon, but tofu is pretty simple to make and a good start.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks @sandstoem I just might try that. I have never gotten into agricraft before, and the reason I'm playing Skyblock Evolved is to force me to try new things. =)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Another good early power source are the furnace-generators.
With a forestry tree farm (which takes a tiny bit of automation setting up) you can get lots and lots of charcoal. (and it's quiet early game, just right after the thermionic-machine to make circuits)

*mumbles* Of course culinary generator with forestry farm is even better, since alot of automation (making charcoal, making dirt out of saplings and such) are not needed there :D
Just in case you don't know: "manual farm: orchard" is he circuit you want to use when using agricraft on forestry farms :)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Early game its either the Survivalist generator (5Rf/t), Hobbyist engine (16Rf/t) or the IC2 generator (40Rf/t equivalent).

All the other generators require components made in machines which require power. (Quite a bit of power, so the second two options are a good investment. Survivalist is pretty much useless here).

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Ah right... been a while since I last played the modpack. Started with two Hobbyist engines and then switched to furnace generators ^^"

The hobbyist engines are amazing since they burn coal quiet slow (as far as I remember), only downside is that you need a bucket first to get the water into them.

Nivix

Jul 29, 2019
@Reddis, I used the list @Celestialphoenix layed out. Specifically the hobbyist engine. Was annoyed at how much gold it cost--especially since it was only a stepping stone to better power. But hey. It will get the job done! :) Sorry I forgot to include that in my original post.