Infinity server: Mystcraft linking books cannot teleport in Overworld

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mercadi

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Infinity server: Mystcraft linking books cannot teleport in Overworld
Launcher Version:
v1.4.11
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Greetings! I'm playing with friends on a latest FTB Infinity server.

I can create linking books and can (seemingly) link them to locations in overworld.
When I place them on a bookstand and open, the frame that's supposed to teleport players when clicked is bluish grey color, and cannot be clicked.
I did search for similar issues on the web, found only one guy who got an answer that he needs to use descriptive books for other dimensions. But I'm only linking to overworld, so that didn't help.

In a single player world I had no issues like that.
Could someone please help?

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
If you are trying to teleport from one place in Overworld to another place in Overworld, you need an intra linking link book. Descriptive books are used to create new dimensions.

Mercadi

Jul 29, 2019
Mc.Crab, thanks for the reply. I do know that I need to use linking books and not descriptive ones, and have done so in single player.
Any suggestions?