Infinity server crash

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Razernok

Jul 29, 2019
How do you fix it without updating java? my hosting company refuses to update to Java 8.

Razernok

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that works but now we need the modpack to be updated to use that version of that mod so you don't need to have all your players manually update their pack.

Last edited:

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Clients should work if server is updated with a minor release of the mod. Ref: changelog and mod author comment.

Razernok

Jul 29, 2019
The server is using a different version from the modpack.
The server is on version 1.0.13.3
While the modpack is on 1.0.13.1

The modpack on the client will need to be updated to 1.0.13.3 so it can connect to a server running 1.0.13.3

LatvianModder

FTB Mod Developer
Team Member
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 29, 2019
Latvia
latvian.dev
Clients should work if server is updated with a minor release of the mod. Ref: changelog and mod author comment.

This is true. I made the last version compatible with latest infinity, so server owners can update to 1.0.3.3 without client updates

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Log of the problem with newer version installed only in the server

Razernok

Jul 29, 2019
I updated the server and my client. I already know the version of a mod needs to be the same on client and server. and was able to start the server and login just fine. But I can't go have everyone manually update their modpack to use the correct version.