Infinity Nether Ores pulverizer recipes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
Quick short and to the point...

Does anyone know where in the infinity configs there are to change the pulverizer recipes for Nether Ores? Something's overriding the Nether Ores config and nether lapis in a pulverizer output's IC2 lapis dust, which if you don't use IC2 is incredibly useless...

The Nether Ores config it set to output 24 lapis but you only get 18 (after you smelt the nether ore and pulverize the two normal ore.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Seriously? In 2 weeks no one has even cared enough to say "I don't know?"
I really don't see what it accomplishes to reply with "I don't know" if we have nothing to contribute. It is not like we don't want to help, but clogging up the thread with unnecessary spam is not helpful.

I read your thread 2 weeks ago and I read it now. Still got nothing to offer except: "Hey its lapis, so what if you get a tiny few less?". But suspect that is not really helpful either.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Um, I believe if you smelt it, you can pulverize it then into lapis. Instead of having too much lapis, I have a manageable amount now. Infinity ore balance is a lot better. I am not swimming in shiny metal, nor do I have more diamonds than iron.

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
Um, I believe if you smelt it, you can pulverize it then into lapis. Instead of having too much lapis, I have a manageable amount now. Infinity ore balance is a lot better. I am not swimming in shiny metal, nor do I have more diamonds than iron.

Isn't that the point of modded minecraft? In any other game what we would be doing would not only be cheating but it would be downright frowned upon and in a few cases violation of a EULA/TOS.

I really don't see what it accomplishes to reply with "I don't know" if we have nothing to contribute. It is not like we don't want to help, but clogging up the thread with unnecessary spam is not helpful.

I read your thread 2 weeks ago and I read it now. Still got nothing to offer except: "Hey its lapis, so what if you get a tiny few less?". But suspect that is not really helpful either.

I'm just looking to find out why the Nether ores (any of them) are not being allowed in the pulverizer due to a bug or another mod controlling it. My first thought was minetweaker and that would be easy but it's not even on the server. I looked in the nether ores config, the IC2 config, and the TE config and I've found nothing.

I Really don't want to go through every config. Last time I did that was Ultimate and we had about 75 less mods then... I just hoped someone else could point me in the right direction.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the point of modded minecraft isn't specifically to get infinite of everything. That isn't difficult, even with Infinity. Build one ender quarry, and use the materials from that one to build 10 more, pretty soon you'll have exponential resource income.

That isn't really the issue. It isn't hard to break the mods. That is where we come to the main aims of most modpacks, to establish some sort of balance. This gives the modpack extended lifetime, as well as more entertainment value for the SMP community. The entire GT mod is aimed towards making modded MC super fucking hard from a technical standpoint. BnB, from a survival standpoint. Add in the other survival modpacks, you will see a theme. They are always attempting to make things "balanced".

Balanced doesn't mean 1 diamond ore per 300 chunks, but it does mean that it should be relatively easier to acquire less valuable materials, than harder ones.

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
I see your point, and I don't disagree if that's what you want or that's what the pack was designed for, for packs such as Blood and Bones and AgSkies that's fine, but mods have configs for a reason and if I want my server to be unbalanced to your definition but which may be balanced to my definition that's my prerogative.

I generally screw with the configs for my servers that aren't like ME^4, AgSkies and the like anyway, but this one's been pissing me off for to long. I have absolutely no need for two stacks of diamond dust that is oreDict with nothing. I am just looking to turn Nether Ores pulverizer recipes so that if you put them into a pulverizer or sag mill then you get double the dust you get from normal ores.

And just for a few laughs, our random seed is really messed up... Beautiful terrain generation but horrible ore gen. We had to go to a radius of 10k to find a desert, and it's really tiny. I would normally frag the server and start over with another seed but it's been two weeks and everyone's settled.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
The only thing I've come across that might apply is in the forge.cfg:

# Set to true to enable the post initialization sorting of crafting recipes using Forge's sorter. May cause desyncing on conflicting recipies. MUST RESTART MINECRAFT IF CHANGED FROM THE CONFIG GUI.
B:sortRecipies=true

I suspect that this combined with AOBDs efforts to add cross compatibility processing with all the mods may lead to getting the wrong mods output. Try setting this to false & see if that helps.

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I've come across that might apply is in the forge.cfg:

# Set to true to enable the post initialization sorting of crafting recipes using Forge's sorter. May cause desyncing on conflicting recipies. MUST RESTART MINECRAFT IF CHANGED FROM THE CONFIG GUI.
B:sortRecipies=true

I suspect that this combined with AOBDs efforts to add cross compatibility processing with all the mods may lead to getting the wrong mods output. Try setting this to false & see if that helps.

Tried it on a client instead of my server (don't want to ruin the server) and was hopeful... But alas, it didn't work... Even tried changing all the AOBD IC2 recipes to false but that didn't work either.

Looks like I'm going to have to do unspeakable things to get down to the cause of this problem...