Infinity hardmode Power gen Halp!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Im Playing on version 2.4.1 of the pack and have agricraft crops for all ores so plenty of resources
Have a logistic System kinda Setup and running It with 2 water wheels and 6 culinary Gens running off beef Wellington
I need at least 1500 rf/t to maintain my base so what easy to Setup Power Gens can i make (ie Diesel generator isnt easy to Setup)
THANKS!

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Beef wellington makes 60 rf/t if i recall correctly and i would imagine you have auto crafting setup for them if you're using it for power so why not just make the 64X culinary gen, that would be 3840 rf/t

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the QED is pretty darn difficult to craft, especially when you don't have much power gen going. Easiest is to spam culinaries until you can make the QED and then start condensing them.

Probably second easiest is HP boilers running Steam Dynamos upgraded to 8X power (I like to pull some of the native augments for some efficiencies as well.)

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Beef wellington makes 60 rf/t if i recall correctly and i would imagine you have auto crafting setup for them if you're using it for power so why not just make the 64X culinary gen, that would be 3840 rf/t

Well, the QED is pretty darn difficult to craft, especially when you don't have much power gen going. Easiest is to spam culinaries until you can make the QED and then start condensing them.

Thanks so far
I Dont know how many culinary Gens my farm can Run but ima look into that
Any else? Cuz i would do a nuclear reactor but i Havent played with that in years
Think i just build 2 treefarms and a Boiler

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, IC2 nuclear reactor is certainly a possibility, but the power they generate isn't that great (although actively cooled ones can generate decent power, as I understand it, but they're fairly dangerous.) You're going to need one eventually (because you need plutonium for crafting) so if you're comfortable setting one up that should at least help with your power situation.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you're interested in higher tier power generation, the IC2 reactor is your entry point. In fact, depending on how much power you need and the amount of plutonium you plan to use, it may be in your best interest to build a couple of them.

Building more Culinary Generators with the intent of combining them later is a decent option, too, but if you aim to get into Big Reactors in the future, you will be required to have the IC2 reactor waste to use as a crafting component. Thus, the Culinary Generators are a nice solution for the short term, but the long haul, you'll be better off killing two birds with one reactor.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, IC2 nuclear reactor is certainly a possibility, but the power they generate isn't that great (although actively cooled ones can generate decent power, as I understand it, but they're fairly dangerous.) You're going to need one eventually (because you need plutonium for crafting) so if you're comfortable setting one up that should at least help with your power situation.
Thats the point the last time i played with ic2 reactor was in tppi 1.6 and a crap Ton of Stuff changed
So if u have some.intel on active and passive cooled and maybe some Setups that would be awesome

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, I don't, as I've never set up an IC2 reactor. It's on my to do list (I'm playing the Infinity Evolved Skyblock at the moment) but I'm going to have to do some research before I do so. I only know how little power they put out from watching videos and comparing to the amount of EU I was using from power converters back in 1.5 (which was the last time I used IC2 pre-Infinity Evolved hard mode.)

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, I don't, as I've never set up an IC2 reactor. It's on my to do list (I'm playing the Infinity Evolved Skyblock at the moment) but I'm going to have to do some research before I do so. I only know how little power they put out from watching videos and comparing to the amount of EU I was using from power converters back in 1.5 (which was the last time I used IC2 pre-Infinity Evolved hard mode.)
Depends on the Setup
They can produce a Ton of Power
Not sure but i think 1 EU is 4 rf so couple of thousands possible
But i Dont have any Clue of It -_-

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience. I used improved windmills for early game power. They do about 40RF/t each which is better than the solar gens (and less complicated to craft). If you have an array of, say 8 of them, especially with the help of water wheels then it'll run your base's basic needs till you start getting into quarrying.

It doesnt sound like a lot of power but you'd be surprised at how useful it is since it's basically 'free' power that needs no maintenance once its set up. And with a few resonant energy cells the stuff you don't use just keeps filling the cells when you're not using your machines much.

You can use steam dynamos to augment your base's power needs if you're doing something intensive like making machine frames in the BC laser assembler table. If you don't have a charcoal factory, this will eat through your coal quite heavily

When I played on an earlier version of Infinity, I went right for a biodiesel farm which could output nearly 24KiRF/t from a single harvester (running 6 diesel gens. 10/10/10 sugar cane and pumpkins, 2 sets of refinery+squeezer+fermenter) and was more than enough to power an ender quarry with upgrades. At that time the diesel gens did 4KiRF/t each. Were expensive (all that steel!) but worth it. Nowadays I don't recommend diesel gens due to the fact that they are nerfed to only output 1KiRF/t because they run at 1/4 speed.

I'd go for steam dynamos running off of a charcoal factory or cul gens with beef wellingtons. The Draconic Evolution generator is a superior option to steam dynamos if they're still relatively easy to make in inf hard.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience. I used improved windmills for early game power. They do about 40RF/t each which is better than the solar gens (and less complicated to craft). If you have an array of, say 8 of them, especially with the help of water wheels then it'll run your base's basic needs till you start getting into quarrying.

It doesnt sound like a lot of power but you'd be surprised at how useful it is since it's basically 'free' power that needs no maintenance once its set up. And with a few resonant energy cells the stuff you don't use just keeps filling the cells when you're not using your machines much.

You can use steam dynamos to augment your base's power needs if you're doing something intensive like making machine frames in the BC laser assembler table. If you don't have a charcoal factory, this will eat through your coal quite heavily

When I played on an earlier version of Infinity, I went right for a biodiesel farm which could output nearly 24KiRF/t from a single harvester (running 6 diesel gens. 10/10/10 sugar cane and pumpkins, 2 sets of refinery+squeezer+fermenter) and was more than enough to power an ender quarry with upgrades. At that time the diesel gens did 4KiRF/t each. Were expensive (all that steel!) but worth it. Nowadays I don't recommend diesel gens due to the fact that they are nerfed to only output 1KiRF/t because they run at 1/4 speed.

I'd go for steam dynamos running off of a charcoal factory or cul gens with beef wellingtons. The Draconic Evolution generator is a superior option to steam dynamos if they're still relatively easy to make in inf hard.
What Kind of treefarm u Use to supply the charcoal?
I have a Basic forestry farm Setup but no Automated way of making fertilizer yet since a quarry is far off