Infinity evolved vs InfiTech2 or others

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I was away for some time and just came back, I would like to start over with Minecraft.

I played around for somedays now with different modpacks the last and the one I played most was Horizons Daybreaker just because it had all these new mods. But finaly I feel its more like a sandbox to test everything out. (wich is fine but not what I´m looking for)

I think what I need is a streight progression guidline or at least streigter then in the normal kitchen sink packs, for now I saw there is Infinity Evolved what makes everything a lot harder. But I´m not sure if it is possible to progress in a decent time to anything if playing in Singleplayer.

Second I found InfiTech2 3.x a cool pack to go for. Basicly because I played v2.x already and had fun with it but due to Serverproblems lost the world. On the otherhand, its Gregtech and I was never a fan of IC2 mechanics eather. (personal preferences... its a good mod) This pack has a lot of support and there are lots of guys supporting it very nice and I know its a good pack for SinglePlayer packs.

My question now to you is if Infinity evolved is Singelplayer friendly and if you maybe aware of a other pack that would worth a look for me? I prefere tech themed packs.

Thanks!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Dentvar, I think if I were you I'd play Infinity Evolved for a couple months. Jason et al are still finalizing a major update to the Infitech2 pack, and rather than start a world now and then have to re-start to get all the new goodness, its probably best to just distract yourself until it arrives.

In the meantime, Infinity Evolved seems to be playing like a Greggy sandbox game which is kind of neat as a weird casual-expert hybrid.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
OK then... gonna have to read throw the +100 post new conversation at any time :p

Gonna start a Infinity Evolved then. I would get depressed if I just spend 5hours searching for Tin and then Jason gonna fix something about it (acctualy I dont think the "major" update will fix this ever :( )

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
OK then... gonna have to read throw the +100 post new conversation at any time :p

Gonna start a Infinity Evolved then. I would get depressed if I just spend 5hours searching for Tin and then Jason gonna fix something about it (acctualy I dont think the "major" update will fix this ever :( )
He won't fix it cuz its not broken :)