Infinity Evolved Skyblock pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
DW20 and soryn are starting a series on this supposed pack. They say it is an FTB pack, but I don't see it at all. Is it IE with a few extra mods or is this a yet to be public pack?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I wouldn't mind the evolved concept but only if it was skyblock. The only thing worse than grindy greg tech stuff Is grindy greg tech stuff and having to traverse miles of territory. I do like the idea of comprehensively progressing through a pack.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly a little off topic. I am really preferring the Botania Garden of glass to ex-nihilo style skyblocks. Though that is probably because I have played a lot of the ex-nohilo ones and not seen to many botania ones.

Probably wouldn't be good to switch it to botania in Infinity Evolved though. The extensive changes to recipes would need a complete rewrite for it to work. I think.

I was really hoping for a "tester" code. So I could download the pack and play test it.

Edit:
Guess as long as the ETA isn't changed to "soon" it should only be a few more days, at max, until its released.
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/42wajk/infinity_evolved_experton_a_skyblock/czmc34o

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly a little off topic. I am really preferring the Botania Garden of glass to ex-nihilo style skyblocks. Though that is probably because I have played a lot of the ex-nohilo ones and not seen to many botania ones.

Check out Parachronology mod by Zendarva. Someone who got bored of Ex nihilo and wrote a mod which takes a different approach. You farm mobs to get moments from them, moments are used to age wood into petrified wood which is a cobble equivalent, stone ages into dirt etc.