Solved Infinity Evolved Quest Book Finicky?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Title [SOLVED] Infinity Evolved Quest Book Finicky?

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack FTB Infinity Evolved

Modpack version 3.0.2

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue My quest book doesn't seem to be tracking my progress. I've punched a bunch of trees now, and it still says 0% on the first one. I'm in Expert Mode, but I wouldn't expect that to break the book's tracking ability. Tried clicking the Manual Detect button as well, but it isn't changing anything.

Am I doing something wrong? Does it only track your progress if you do it in a certain way, like cutting down trees with a wooden axe?

Last edited:

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
It's not restricted by log type, is it? It says that any type will work, so I don't imagine that should be it. I've been cutting down birch.

Last edited:

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Sometime since my post, it finally updated and gave it to me. I don't know what did it, so my original question still stands as I may keep running into this. The half-slab furnace popped instantly, but the stencil table is still sitting there not popped, and I made a second one over half an hour ago.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Ah. Only oak versions count. So that's that one. Seems the book works fine, but there are some very particular things it requires to fill the achievements. Maybe the logs one did depend on using an axe rather than a fist?

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
This is quite perplexing and frustrating, as I can't progress until each achievement is unlocked. I just made a 3x3x2 smeltery, and all but the seared bricks part of the What's Up, Hotstuff? achievement are unlocked. That one is still listed as 0%, or 0/18 seared brick blocks--which is certainly not right since my smeltery has 27 seared brick blocks in it. If you have to smelt the seared bricks to unlock the achievement, that doesn't fit in the spirit of the requirements since the whole thing is designed around the basic components of a working smeltery. That, and the reward is what I need to get my smeltery up and running quickly since the bucket requires so much iron to craft in expert mode.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Ok, I think I just figured out what's going on.

It seems that the book does not actually track your progress from 0-100%, it just unlocks once you have everything in a given segment. I just broke down the smeltery and checked the book at several points, and it didn't change. But once I broke and collected the 18th brick and checked the book, it was green and marked as 100% completed. That's slightly irritating since it displays a percentage and a fraction (0/18, in this case) on every achievement because that's very misleading to anyone looking at the book and expecting it to mean what it says it means.

But it's certainly something I can deal with. I'll experiment some with the next few achievements to see if this is indeed the case.

Reactions: Elvi75

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
That does seem to be the case. You must have all elements of any given requirement in your inventory at once, as it does not track progress otherwise, nor does it track the progress if the requirement is incomplete (it always shows 0/18 instead of 1/18, 2/18, etc, until you have 18/18). The first part is probably to prevent duping and unnecessary item tagging, or something like that.

E

Expertcraft

How to open a nuclear reactor and the me network in the quest book

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying you're having trouble with finding those steps in the quest book?