Infinity Evolved - Expert Mode - Otherwhere Chalk Not Brewing

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
One of the things I really want in my world right now is to teleport with the witches hand. It's going to be a long time before I can teleport with machines, so I figured the witches hand is my simplest option available to me.

But the problem is the otherwhere chalk is not brewing. I've tossed in all four ingredients NEI lists (nether wart, tear of the goddess, ender pearl, and chalk--brand new chalk, not used), and the brew has changed color with each item as it should. But it's not spitting out my chalk.

I had this problem with the golden chalk a while back, and I found out I didn't have enough power in my altar. But now my altar is at 4,173, which I imagine should be plenty.

The info I'm finding online is all about the standard setup rather than expert mode, so it's no help. And the expert mode info people have for chalk is all for golden chalk.

Any thoughts?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It sounds like you've got all your bases covered - if you're putting the items in in the order you mentioned, and your altar is within range and has over 2000, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work! I've had the issue where its all been in the right order and hasn't formed, and altar power was the issue there, but I would have thought over 4000 would be enough!

I did read in a couple of places that having two (5x5 and 7x7) white ritual circles around the cauldron can help with power. Likewise, try and maximise your altar power as much as you can, get as many of the boosting items on there as you can manage, that's all I can think of!

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Thanks for the recommendation. I've been meaning to move my setup where there's more space so I can run several things off of it at once (it's in my base and a bit cramped), including the circle magic reduction for the cauldron. I hadn't looked into the details yet, but it crossed my mind that if I'm a bit short on power, maybe that's what I'll have to do.

Kinda sucks, though. I really wanted to get this taken care of before I moved everything.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Could it be being picked up by an hopper or something similar?
There's a point. The way to know is whether you're getting swirls. If its a successful craft, then as well as the colour change you'll get particle effects of a similar colour to the liquid swirling above the cauldron.

Related: the debuff you can get from being to close when that goes on is brilliant.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Kind of a stupid question, but I haven't seen it asked here yet. Is the cauldron in range? If not, you could try adding an arthana if you haven't already.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
There's a point. The way to know is whether you're getting swirls. If its a successful craft, then as well as the colour change you'll get particle effects of a similar colour to the liquid swirling above the cauldron.

Related: the debuff you can get from being to close when that goes on is brilliant.

I can't remember what happens (haven't played Regrowth for a while) - does output from the cauldron go straight into your inventory?

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
No hopper anywhere near. Nothing to pick up items of any sort.

And yes, the cauldron is only about three blocks away, so no range issues there. I haven't got an arthana yet, so I'll look at adding that and see if it helps.