Infinity and Thaumic Horizons

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting to get back in the game after a break, and I see that TH has been removed from the most recent version of Infinity for compatibility bugs. I plan on using Infinity as a base, and addind and removing mods to suit my playstyle. I'd like to include TH, so what mods should I remove/not add and what configs should I change to mitigate the issues?

Also, the change log doesn't elaborate on what these issues are. What can I expect to be broken if I just add it as is?

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
So it's a total no go then, that sucks. Is there any other mod that has something like the Scholar's Lens for passive auto scanning?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You can add it if you take out biome ID 69 from BoP which is lush swamp. Because they share an ID it randomly chooses between them due to how biomes work in Minecraft. Neither will spawn at all if you take out the BoP biome.

Open up FTBInfinity/minecraft/config/biomesoplenty/biomegen.cfg and edit this to false:
Code:
  B:"Lush Swamp"=true

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Beautiful! I usually disable a lot of BoP biomes anyway, I think I already had that on the list to remove.

Is there anything else I should be worried about?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
That's really the only thing beyond simple mod updating. If you're modifying a pack anyway you should just get the newest versions of mods manually and use MultiMC to manage the pack.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I'm planning on doing. I want to move away from the FTB launcher so I don't need to fix my whole pack when Infinity decides to update.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you've not tried it, give the Curse Launcher a go.

I've been experimenting with the Curse Launcher for my server's new custom pack. So far, things have been decent, although I'll admit I've bumped into a number of recipe conflicts that required tweaking. GUI is easy to use and understand, and selection is passable, though not all inclusive.

It's the first pack I've built from scratch, and I was amazed at how easy it was to crack into. That said, play testing uncovers new issues regularly (such is any new pack, I understand).

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I would rather stay away from the Curse Launcher. I used it for addons when I played WoW, have the premium version from being an addon author and all that, but with the way Blizzard is treating the game right now, I want to cut all ties with them, and their affiliates. Just a personal preference.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough that it's a personal preference. I do have to ask though, when you say the way Blizzard is treating the game, are you referring to their treatment of WoW or MC?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I figured, but I've been under a rock for a while. I thought I missed something.

On a WoW note, I thought they jumped the shark two, maybe three, expansions ago. The fact that they still make money from the franchise is, in my opinion, a testament to the stubbornness of a player base to let go and watch a loved thing die respectfully.

But this is not a thread for that, so I'll not speak of it further. Carry on. Nothing to see here. :)