Infinity and. .. lag

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I know everyone loves ae.

I'm playing on an infinity server with average of 10 people max of 25. The day we got where ae could be made the TPS dropped from a steady, for the most part, 20 to a steady 6. And everyone's like what's causing that? ?? I'm like ae? Of course what else might it be? No one is using the chunk loader through the map. World anchors. Lots of big reactors, lots of ae and automation. ..

Thoughts. Oh the server processor is running 15% and the ram at 80%.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
First thing... Check the console on the server. Is it producing can't keep up messages? Also check the each of the CPU cores (not the overall). I'll bet one of the CPUs is maxed to 100%. If that is the case then it is time for basic chunk loader busting. Break every single chunk loader you can find. Have everyone log off. Wait 5 minutes and see if the CPU settles down and the can't keep up messages go away. It should with nothing being chunk loaded. Then have one player at a time login and see what happens when their base is chunk loaded by the player. That will finding the offending base. Then comes the really hard part of trying to locate the specific device causing the issue. Good luck.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
1. Check your java command line and ensure it includes the bits that turn on the parallelized garbage collection. While there, check the allocated memory.
2. Opis is available for 1.7.x, and Infinity is a 1.7.x pack. If the issue is caused by mod items, Opis will tell you.
3. Opis is available for 1.7.x, and Infinity is a 1.7.x pack. If the issue is caused by mod items, Opis will tell you.

and lastly:

4. Opis is available for 1.7.x, and Infinity is a 1.7.x pack. If the issue is caused by mod items, Opis will tell you.