Infinity 1.4.0 Pams Salt removed?!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zorkk

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I dunno if anyone else noticed this but it's been bugging me. The changelog for 1.4.0 infinity shows

Config Changes
  • Pam's Harvestcraft
    • Disabled Salt generation\

Does anyone know why?? AFAIK there's no other mods that spawn salt. COFH worldgen hasn't been modified that I know of (it's not listed in the changelog), so it's rather confusing that they would remove salt, as a lot of the harvestcraft foods use it.

Also, I'm curious if there's a reasoning why the only recipies enabled for the molecular transformer from advanced solars are the sunarrium crafting ones.

Z

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Not sure. I'm still using my bastardised version of 1.2.4 or whatever.

I added Mekanism, which adds its own salt anyway.

Does 1.4.0 still have chisel? If chisel is out and you don't have limestone for Pam's salt to spawn in it might cause issues, that's all I can think of...

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I dunno if anyone else noticed this but it's been bugging me. The changelog for 1.4.0 infinity shows

Config Changes
  • Pam's Harvestcraft
    • Disabled Salt generation\

Does anyone know why?? AFAIK there's no other mods that spawn salt. COFH worldgen hasn't been modified that I know of (it's not listed in the changelog), so it's rather confusing that they would remove salt, as a lot of the harvestcraft foods use it.

Also, I'm curious if there's a reasoning why the only recipies enabled for the molecular transformer from advanced solars are the sunarrium crafting ones.

Z
you can craft it with water + pot if you need it problem is pams food are pointless with no hunger overhaul personally i just void salt from my quarry

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
you can craft it with water + pot if you need it problem is pams food are pointless with no hunger overhaul personally i just void salt from my quarry
Not necessarily pointless, there are many that enjoy making the wide variety of food available to it. In my view, there's a lot of "spam" in that mod (recipes, plants, etc.) which gets in the way of other gameplay, which is why I tend not to worry massively about adding it to my own packs, but I think infinity is supposed to be the "kitchen sink" pack, so it might as well be in it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
with Infinity there's plenty of mods to easily automate the creation of salt, so I can understand why they turned the world generation off for salt.
I know I always hated when I came across salt, I'm too stubborn to leave it so I always mine it, even though I never use it.

Patrick9

Jul 29, 2019
This is exceptionally decent and OK post...You shook posting it....Thanks a considerable measure for posting it....!!!

ParAdoX83

Jul 29, 2019
the respective config option is in the harvestcraft.cfg not in the cofh

B:enablesaltGeneration=false

and it was the first thing i did when installing harvestcraft, even before they did it in infinity pack. is just annoying when u can craft it easily with just water and a bucket. get urself a 2x2 reservoir, set it to auto-output, link it to a cyclic assembler, set a schematic to craft waterbucket+pot. and voilá

Pb6pNyQ.png

Reactions: MrZwij

Zorkk

Jul 29, 2019
To each their own. I just prefer to have it come up with my quarry, and not have to dedicate a process/machine to making something else.

Besides I want table salt, not sea salt for my food! ;-)

Z

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I just want brine to make chlorine for my hydrogen chloride.

I have a rarely-used rotary condensentrator for my salt, for everything else there's a mystcraft age with perpetual sunshine I use for my salination plant :p

ParAdoX83

Jul 29, 2019
To each their own. I just prefer to have it come up with my quarry, and not have to dedicate a process/machine to making something else.

Besides I want table salt, not sea salt for my food! ;-)

Z

thats why i told you where u can change the config option :D