[Infinity 1.3.4] Eerie Biome

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal to encounter an Eerie biome that is generated by Thaumcraft's Obisidian totems as a normal, worldgen'd biome?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Sinister nodes do generate eerie biomes around them, so little patches of eerie here and there is normal.

But you say you found an entire normal-sized biome made of eerie biome? Strange.

I wonder if you've got a biome ID conflict between TC and BoP or something.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Sinister nodes do generate eerie biomes around them, so little patches of eerie here and there is normal.

But you say you found an entire normal-sized biome made of eerie biome? Strange.

I wonder if you've got a biome ID conflict between TC and BoP or something.
I looked for a biome conflict between BoP and Thaumcraft. I didn't see conflicting IDs. Unfortunately, I was in a hardcore world and lost the world when I died.

I'm hoping someone else can run across this.

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
If you're running Biomes O' Plenty there's at least one type that is at least similar, if not in the same name as the eerie biome.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You can find sinister nodes in the wild, that aren't in totems or other structures. But this will still only make a patch of Eeriee Biome. There is an Omnious Forest Biome in BoP, which is similarly darkened. Without a better description or a picture I can't say for certain though.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
You can find sinister nodes in the wild, that aren't in totems or other structures. But this will still only make a patch of Eeriee Biome. There is an Omnious Forest Biome in BoP, which is similarly darkened. Without a better description or a picture I can't say for certain though.
It was displaying 'Eerie' as the biome when I hit F3. Also, silverwoods were spawning in there. It was strange, that's for sure.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I'm not that surprised if a natural Eeriee biome did spawn, that silverwoods would spawn in them, as they are a magical biome. (Silverwoods can spawn in any magical biome, like the aforementioned Ominous Woods, not just Magical Forests.) If they do spawn, it'd likely be rare.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen a good deal of sub-biome highjacking in 1.7.10. This sometimes allows Twilight Forest and Promised Lands biomes to spawn in the overworld as if they were a natural overworld sub-biome. I've not seen a full sized Eerie Biome myself, but it doesn't surprise me that other mod added biomes would also do this.

I know there was a way to fix this (pre-worldgen) out there somewhere, but I cannot for the life of me remember how to do it or where I saw it. Google knows. Our server has been playing in a world with a good amount of Dimensional Bleed™. Seeing as I don't usually frequent the Twilight Forest or the Promised Lands, I find it nice to be able to play with those biomes on a more consistent basis.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The usual cause of TF and other mods' biomes showing up in the Overworld (where they shouldn't) is a conflict between biome IDs, which can be fixed (pre-worldgen) by correcting these conflicts in the configs of the mods in question.

Say, for example, BoP Cliffs and TF Thornlands are both set to ID 102. In this case, there are two things that might happen:
1. All of the Thornlands in the Twilight Forest might be replaced with Cliffs. Other than looking weird, this isn't really much of a problem, since there's nothing interesting in the thornlands (yet) anyway.
2. All the Cliffs in the Overworld are replaced with Thornlands. This is more of a problem, since the thornlands are completely and utterly impenetrable without a particular item from endgame TF. And if spawn happens to be inside one of these biomes, there's really not much you can do other than delete the world and try again. Anywhere you look, you're surrounded by thick thorns that take a long time to break, are impossible to climb over, and damage you when you touch them, and if you try to dig down, you'll find that the stone beneath the thorns is about as hard as obsidian.

The reason these issues even exist is that Forge doesn't seem to care about biome ID conflicts (or potion ID or enchantment ID conflicts, for that matter) at all, which means they tend to go undetected. Reika has implemented a system in his mods where RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft, ChromatiCraft, etc. will crash the game on loading if any other mod tries to use their configured IDs, which keeps Rainbow Forests (necessary for ChC progression) from getting overwritten by other biomes and prevents Witchery potions giving people radiation sickness. However, Reika's system, while effective, is by far the exception to the rule.

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
The only conflict I can see is this pack is Runic Dungeon's dungeon biome and BoP's outback biome, which share the ID of 78. I really don't think that would explain running into a full sized Eerie biome.

Anyone know what other mods add biomes? Buildcraft's oil fields appear to be disabled. It looks like Thaumcraft, BoP, Runic Dungeons, Twilight Forest and Buildcraft are the only ones that add biomes.