Infinite Power + Infinite lava (Compact).

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
yAY8qH5.png

Things you will need:
Fluid Transposer @ Thermal Expansion
Lava Fabricator @ MineFactory Reloaded
Stirling Generator @ EnderIO
Octo Capacitor @ EnderIO
Tank @ Any mod that has tanks or fluid storage
Piping + fluid Piping @ Any mod that has fluid + item transfer with whitelist.

So you have the stirling generator and a octocapacitor producing 1.2mill RF/T with a bucket of lava on top you have the lava fabricator making 1 bucket for about 450k RF/T , lava gets transferred automatically from the fabricator into the tank or storage , duct transfers the lava from the tank into the transposer . On the side of the transposer you have a duct with whitelist only lava buckets into the stirling generator. Bottom of the stirling generator you have another duct with a whitelist of empty buckets going into the transposer.

Stirling Generator produces 1.2Mill@ 80RF/T Internal storage of 500k RF

Any ideas on how to make it more compact let me know , suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I know it's infinite power, but at only 80RF/t I would need to spam the hell out of it to power anything. Props for being compact, but I'll stick to a variation of the setup in my signature when space and/or resources aren't a mitigating factor.

It does make for a nice backup generator and infinite Lava source though. Considering you could build this shortly after Nether access is achieved, it is a nice stepping stone en route to bigger setups.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The stirling will produce more rf because of the octadic capacitor

More than infinite? Not sure how that math checks out.

Again, it's nice, but at only 80RF/t, it's not worth too much. If you use the bucket to make steam instead, you can increase your yield dramatically.

Reactions: BIG mac

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
That may be... But at 1mil rf over the course of 12mins... Plus the stirling is relatively cheap to produce? I'd say it's a fairly easy source of power at early game level

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
That may be... But at 1mil rf over the course of 12mins... Plus the stirling is relatively cheap to produce? I'd say it's a fairly easy source of power at early game level

Don't get me wrong, I actually used a variation of this early game in our Inventions world. It got me enough power to process the materials needed for the beginning of my Advanced Generators setup (again using the same principles, only feeding MFR Boilers for steam production).

It's a nice compact setup, perfect for early game and outlying bases who don't use much sustained power draw. For anything more than that, higher RF/t numbers are needed. I'm not hating. I'm being realistic.

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
I did this with an Ender IO tank in place of the fluid transposer and other tank, and noticed the generator drains lava way faster than the fabricator creates said lava. Making it virtually impossible to have infinite power. Also, I think he meant the stirling generator produces more than 80 microinfinity per tick due to the octadic capacitor, which in my experience leads to a 120% fuel efficiency.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The posts here are from 2016, when this was possible.

Modded has changed a lot since then :)

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I think most mods have nerfed all 'infinite' lava RF generation. But honestly, power is quite easy to come by and maintain.

Hell, there's an infinite RF solution using only tree sap. Granted it's not massive amounts, but plenty to get started.

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
Yeah, that tree oil one Vallen has a video about. Btw, yeah it can produce crazy amounts w/ augments. Since the fractionating still can produce rosin as a byproduct which can be burned in a steam dynamo. Turn the steam dynamo into a boiler and attach another turned into a turbine and you got much more efficiency with fuel as well as more power. UNNNNLl-MI-TED POWAAAAAAAAAAA!

Just figured out a cool one involving TE and Bonsai: Hopping Bonsai pot feeding into a TE sawmill with the resin funnel augment, with wood feeding into a maxed-out storage drawer with a void upgrade, and the resin going into a fractionating still which powers a compression dynamo (aqueous accumulator also feeds into this). Any rosin produced by the still goes into a second maxed out storage drawer with a void upgrade. 2x2x3, still rather compact.

Last edited:
Reactions: ModRealms