Infernal Bees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
do the hives even spawn in Unleached pack? i looked around the neather for a while and no luck

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about the Nether, but I know I've found a few deep below ground in the Overworld surrounded by glowstone.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I find infernal all the time in the nether, what I don't find is Embittered from ExtraBees. I think BOP biomes confuses it somewhat.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks no luck yet but im up a stack of ardite and cobalt are thay surrounded by quartz?

I've always found Infernals touching a nether quartz ore, but not necessarily surrounded by it.

Also, don't think I've ever seen them exposed to air before I started digging. Since the power drill wont mine hives in ae mode, I've just gone to town on any nether ore I see, and have found six or seven hives. More than the rockies.

They can also spawn in "magic biomes" in the overworld, and will then spawn surrounded by glowstone

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
thanks guys went quartz hunting as i needed it anyway and found one in the quartz now i just need to breed it a few times and try get the serum

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
I did come across a bug logged on Git regarding Embittered not spawning due to nether/biome issues.

Me. Unleashed + GT + BoP - Dartcraft. A further 2 hours flying around and still nothing. I backed up my game and then let a few quarries loose in the nether. Tons of infernals but no embittered.

Something's up ...

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a link to that bug so I can follow it?

I spent all day yesterday trying to find Embittered Bees. I found about 20 Infernal hives. Not one Embittered Bee was found.

I found it, fixed in 1.7.1 version, just need to wait on a modpack update. :p

Slan

Jul 29, 2019
I just set Spawn rate to 2000 - None. I then uninstal BoP, and found thousands in Nether Under the 66 Height.

Some people tell that BoP remove "Hell" Biome, and this bee are only spawning in Hell biome, but when you use extrabiomeXl wich does not remove this biome, you will have no more bee again.

Just use Nei to spawn a few hive and that's Ok. I use to do this when i have any king of flying and admit i will usually then found some hive.