Industrial Steam Engine just produces 3MJ / t

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Cammino

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

i connected a 1000 heat steam boiler to 5 industrial steam engines but they just produce 3Mj per tick, why do they so?

Thanks in advance

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
How are you getting the steam to them? If liquiducts, you need 9 on the boiler and can then channel it down to one.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
You probably don't have enough liquiduct connections coming off the boiler, assuming that is your steam transport. You need one liquiduct connection per 4 blocks in the boiler.

A quick way to test is to just stick an engine on the boiler itself and see how it does. If it reaches peak performance the problem is your transport. If it doesn't the problem is the boiler/firebox.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I presume that you mustn't have used enough liquiduct connections to your boiler, either that, or there's no-where for all the power to go. This seems to be the most common problem. Also, what size is your boiler? Hp or lp?
I know TE engines throttle if there's no place for power, unsure if rail raft does. I think they just explode if too much builds inside them.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like your not getting enough steam to the engines, make multiple connects to the boiler it self or a lot of people connect the engine straight to the boiler it self(never done that myself)

Edit: wow lots of people posted at once lol

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
you only need 5 liquiducts to pull 720 mb/t from 36hp boiler, but 4 of them must be set to powered output mode via wrench an supplied with redstone