Industrial Centrifuge vs. Industrial Electrolyzer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mathemusician

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Just a quick question. Which one is better? I don't like GregTech that much, but I am hosting a LAN party tomorrow and I need to set up a factory for everyone. Which one should I include?

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
both

that are two machines that do totally different things.

EDIT: oh, and set up more than one centrifuge. there are recipes that take up to 1100 seconds / 20 minutes. people might not be that patient...

Reactions: EternalDensity

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Neah, he about covered it.

I'd also suggest routers if ya wanna automate a big battery of centrifuges at once.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Have a dedicated MFE for your Electrolyzer, and a dedicated Batbox for your Centrifuges. I only have 1 Centrifuge, and have a Batbox dedicated to it, an Implosion Compressor, and another machine (I can't remember the name) and it works great.

Kocyk

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Ultimate 1.1.2 you can now you can also overclock both machines. Each upgrade (up to 4) gives +50% speed and quadruple the energy requirement. Would be less painful for your friends to use those machines then.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
Have a dedicated MFE for your Electrolyzer, and a dedicated Batbox for your Centrifuges. I only have 1 Centrifuge, and have a Batbox dedicated to it, an Implosion Compressor, and another machine (I can't remember the name) and it works great.

or use a mfe + lv transformer for 4 centrifuges or an mfsu + 1 mv transformer + 4 lv transformers for 16 centrifuges.

and 16 centrifuges don't sound so bad.

one more thing: not only they want a certain eu/t level, but they also want to be supplied constantly or they loose the progress (if you centrifuge redstone, 1100 seconds long recipe, and after 600 seconds there is a little power cut... back to second 1, start again).

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Ultimate 1.1.2 you can now you can also overclock both machines. Each upgrade (up to 4) gives +50% speed and quadruple the energy requirement. Would be less painful for your friends to use those machines then.
Keep in mind, though, that you can't actually remove the upgrades. Not even breaking the blocks helps! Transformer upgrades still work, though.

Daved1058

Jul 29, 2019

Disregard that dont forget to point out it needs more power if you add the overclocker if i remeber right

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Disregard that dont forget to point out it needs more power if you add the overclocker if i remeber right
image.jpg

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
(1) They do very different things. Check out their recipes. Centrifuges are analogous to trying to shake and sieve all the components of the material apart. Electrolyzers, as the name implies, is using electricity to change the material into something else.

(2) Centrifuge (unupgraded) = 8 EU/t, whereas electrolyzer = 128 EU/t (not sure if changed from 1.4.7). That means you need at least an MFE to run the electrolyzer, and transformers should you be using the same power line to power your centrifuges (unupgraded).

(3) If you are working with a bunch of people, I would strongly suggest having at LEAST 10 centrifuges and 3-5 electrolyzers. GT is quite expensive, so it might be in your best interest to have your group work together in creating those. You will also need a substantial power supply in order to run these things.

(4) Having that substantial power supply is necessary regardless, if you are playing GT. All his machines are EU heavy. Make sure you are prepare to have things blow up in your face, or otherwise be EXTREMELY careful when hooking things up to power. i.e. Set up your wiring network before you attach to power source, reconfirm validity of set up.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
(1) They do very different things. Check out their recipes. Centrifuges are analogous to trying to shake and sieve all the components of the material apart. Electrolyzers, as the name implies, is using electricity to change the material into something else.

(2) Centrifuge (unupgraded) = 8 EU/t, whereas electrolyzer = 128 EU/t (not sure if changed from 1.4.7). That means you need at least an MFE to run the electrolyzer, and transformers should you be using the same power line to power your centrifuges (unupgraded).

(3) If you are working with a bunch of people, I would strongly suggest having at LEAST 10 centrifuges and 3-5 electrolyzers. GT is quite expensive, so it might be in your best interest to have your group work together in creating those. You will also need a substantial power supply in order to run these things.

(4) Having that substantial power supply is necessary regardless, if you are playing GT. All his machines are EU heavy. Make sure you are prepare to have things blow up in your face, or otherwise be EXTREMELY careful when hooking things up to power. i.e. Set up your wiring network before you attach to power source, reconfirm validity of set up.
Erm

Reactions: namiasdf