Induction Smelter MindCrack V8

Loekoloek

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing the mindcrack v8 version and i stumbled upon a problem, quite a big problem imo.

The induction Smelter.
To make the induction smelter you need invar (one of the 2 kinds the other one doesnt work).
And you can make invar by useing the induction smelter, there are various recipes availeble to make it, but you can't make the induction smelter without the invar?

Schermafbeelding2013-01-25om210816_zps092e8b29.png

so the problem is:
no invar = no induction smelter
no induction smelter = no invar

Schermafbeelding2013-01-25om210830_zps613cb508.png

Schermafbeelding2013-01-25om210836_zpsdc5063d5.png

I might be missing a big thing but I don't know what it would be it isn't showing anything but this :/

Any tips or feedback would be appriciated :)

ayeso

Jul 29, 2019
Thing is, that makes 1 type of invar dust. 21257:9 which in any smelter makes 21256:9 ingot You can pulverize those ingots and get the correct dust 20257:39 but smelting those gives you 21256:9 ingots again. The Induction smelter only takes 20257:71 ingots.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech Invar (that's the one with the chem formula underneath) is currently unable to be used to craft the smelter but it will be able to in a later version of TE, King Lemming wanted to see if the recipe was the same before allowing it.
For your first couple Invar ingots to craft the smelter you will need to get one ferrous ingot (Gregtech nickel works as well) and 2 iron ingots pulverise them and then mix them to get invar blend, cook this in a normal powered or unpowered furnace which will give you Invar Ingots. From my testing you will get Gregtech Invar and there is no way around this (other than editing the Gregtech Unificator config from Rp2 to TE which will break some storageblock\microblock recipes and also processing\recipes involving rubies\sapphires\green sapphires) the only way I can find (without config edits) to get the TE version so you can craft a Smelter is to use the Omnitools mod and convert it via the Forge Lexicon.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Does the smelter continue to work with sand / ore blocks? I was confused by patch notes, but figured this is what it was talking bout (using Invar ingots instead of sand)...

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Nope it still works the same way it is only the crafting recipe that has changed. (2 Invar ingots instead of the 2 Sand in the recipe)

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Nope it still works the same way it is only the crafting recipe that has changed. (2 Invar ingots instead of the 2 Sand in the recipe)
Thanks, that's a relief I don't have to rebuild my processing room.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Does the smelter continue to work with sand / ore blocks? I was confused by patch notes, but figured this is what it was talking bout (using Invar ingots instead of sand)...

Yes, only the recipe and the platinum/shiny dust+rich slag are removed.. and I think the percentage to get rich slag has been lowered to 5/10%.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. 10% rich slag from gold, 5% from everything else if I recall correctly. In terms of raw amount of metals produced regardless of material, this means it's best to induction smelt your gold ore, and pulverize all of the other types, since the pulverize bonus is larger than the rich slag bonus (and gold doesn't have a pulverize bonus).

(My knowledge of this doesn't include GregTech ores, so it might not be accurate with GT enabled)

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, only the recipe and the platinum/shiny dust+rich slag are removed.. and I think the percentage to get rich slag has been lowered to 5/10%.
Needed imo, this makes the process of making platinum dust > iririumore, process completetly dead. He way took to long to fix hehe.

/manu