Indestructible blocks/tile entities mod

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know about a mod that you can customize what blocks should become indestructible?

I was inspired by the metal energy modpack on the FTB launcher, the only thing that bugged me was that you could break anything. I wanted to try and create my own pack that has the same "complete the wonder" type feel, but limiting what the player could and could not break or move around. Giving them some starter machine from thermal expansion or enderIO but not allowing them to move the machines around. Power things like the spacial drive used in metal energy using creative cells, but prevent the player from moving blocks that I do not want them to move.

The things I'm looking for is a mod that I can customize what blocks can be destroyed, but still allowing a destroyable version to be placed/crafted. Machines and pipes should be unmovable, but you should still be able to use them.

The best I could find were some mods that just changed all the block material to that of bedrock. Works okay, but things like wrenches still "auto-destroy" machines and machines crafted by the player were also indestructible and that makes it horrible to play with. I also found some bukkit plugins, but I have no idea how to use them in my single player pack

Maybe some kind of mod that you can allow permission to certain parts of the map, like used on servers to prevent griefing, but I do not have the slightest clue what to search for.

Worst case scenario I try and code the mod myself, but yeah, I'd probably give up before it gets to that.

Any suggestions, help, advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Bedrock + Painting Machine (Ender IO) + Creative Mode

Hopefully this works out for you. Only reason I could think not is either the Painting Machine not accepting Bedrock OR Rotarycraft being installed and still recognizing the block as Bedrock.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
U need make a factory, but U dont want player access to/into factory?
for this U can use MFFS or Thaumcraft protecting wand cap

If U want make a part of factory, but make it full protected from destroy U can try antigrief, but in single it may have a problems - may not work.

try MFFS it has 80%% of Ur needs: it can protect blocks/machines from destroy and grant access to machines. and with MFFS U can make places/spaces for new machines - like room 2x2x2 without move/destroy protection inside room 10x10x10 with protection.

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO doesn't like bedrock. The MFFS looks promising, the security looks a bit hard to manipulate but it does everything that I want it to do, I'll give it a try and experiment with it a bit in the coming days.

Thanks for the help ^_^

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
The warding focus looks amazing. Between the focus and MFFS I should be able to do everything I want.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I think the warding focus only works on blocks, not tile entities. Don't adventure mode & command blocks let you define what a player can break or place? I've no idea how well those features integrate with mods, & learning to build adventure maps looks like a whole new level of complicated compared to learning to use MFFS.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
If you just want to have an area where the player can't place or break blocks MFFS is probably your best bet.

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
I tried getting MFFS to work by adding it to my direwolf 20 pack (just so I can test a few thing) and I can't get it to work.

Here is where I got the mod from http://calclavia.com/mffs/downloads/
I downloaded the latest version of MFFS core and Resonant engine core.

I'm not sure that was what I was suppose to download, but his explanation isn't very clear.

I also noticed that the direwolf pack and the forge version on the site for MFFS is different so I started up a MultiMC instance for minecraft 1.7.10 with the correct forge version, still crashed.

Should I start a new thread asking for help on this (posting crash reports and the lot) or did I do something obviously stupid?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Any reason why you're not using the newest versions (MFFS 4.1.0.54 and RE 3.1.0.353)?
I think the version 4.1.0.25 that you have still needs the Universal Electricity core. Either download that or use the newest versions.

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
I do not have the slightest idea why I had the earlier version, when I originally downloaded them I took the ones at the top of the list. It works now, with the correct versions. I owe you one, thank you for everything ^_^.

EDIT: Any documentation connected to MFFS 4? Everything changed in the 1.7.10 version, with some of the blocks being removed or changed in such a way that nothing makes sense.

Last edited:

Otho

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

You can use Custom Items to change existing blocks properties or configure your own blocks.
This is an example of a config file that would make grass and stone blocks indestructible just as bedrock.