Increase FPS

Lapis Obsidian

Jul 29, 2019
I'm recently playing Infinity evolved(expert mode) on my friend's server, and my frame rate's like 30~40, and sometimes drops to 20~30. Are there any methods to increase fps?

Video settings:
render distance: 5 chunks
Graphics: Fast
Smooth Lighting: off
3d Anaglyph :eek:ff
gui scale: auto
clouds:eek:ff
mipmap level : 3
anisotropic filtering: off
use Vsync: on
Particles: minimal
Brightness : Bright(max)
view bobbing:eek:ff
max framerate : Unlimited
----------------------------------------

Computer:
Windows10, 64bit, notebook

Memory: 8 Gb, runs minecraft on 4Gb
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.50GHz

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Turn off VSYNC. I don't remember it being of use in minecraft modded.

I would say buy a better computer. It is kind of pointless though. As the requirements for Minecraft are a lot different then they are for other games. If you built a PC entirely around running minecraft well it would work. It wouldn't gaurantee any other game would run well, or even at all. If you have money to burn it might be worth looking into. It can always go in a closet, trash, or something when you get bored with Minecraft.

Might be worth making absolutely certain Minecraft is using the best GPU in there. Sometimes software doesn't like to select the right GPU. Might see if there is a frame difference with mipmaps off too.

The rest of the video settings just adjust the hell out of and compare. Go for the framerate your comfortable playing at. 60,0000,0000 frames a second might be nice. Especially if the monitor can handle it. With minecraft 20 or higher works fine for me. It is below 20 when the game becomes unplayable. That is with my setup though.

With Minecraft it is the CPU you want to help more then anything else. Might be worth looking through every option every mod carries to see what you can adjust or do without. Like disabling journeymap, wawla, etc. They are a convenience, nothing more. I remember there being things in the game with similar functionality that will work too. Such as NEI, bibliocraft, and F3.

Last edited:

Lapis Obsidian

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I got40~60 fps after turning off vsync.

gettin a new computer.....mine is ASUS republic of gamers though, i thought it's good enough, but it seems like it isnt

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I got40~60 fps after turning off vsync.

gettin a new computer.....mine is ASUS republic of gamers though, i thought it's good enough, but it seems like it isnt
I keep forgetting the "Kappa"s in my statements. I thought the kidding was obvious in that one though.

You notebook is actually performing very well. It might actually be outperforming my desktop. My settings are higher in Infinity and I never get above 50fps in it. I'm lucky to get above 25. Never take a insult to your gaming system of choice to heart. It is yours, enjoy it for what it can do. Don't let some random dick on the internet says it isn't any good.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Two things.

One, you can safely crank anisoptric filtering to the max. The impact it has on FPS is negligible on any GPU made this decade(both desktop and mobile).

Two, make sure your laptop is using its dedicated GPU, not the integrated one. Minecraft has a habit of defaulting to the iGPU on laptops.

Reactions: DeathOfTime