In need of a Texture Artist

UniversalRed

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, my name is UniversalRed, and I am developing a mod called Redstone Distortion, this mod adds things revolving around the Redstone Flux API, currently I have numerous blocks/items that i would like textured that are atleast decent enough for people to not complain about (AKA my not so good textures). If anyone is nice enough to lend a hand in helping with making these textures, that would be amazing! If your just curious and want to know what the blocks/items are within the mod I'm developing, heres the link to the en_Us file on github that shows all the blocks/items I have localized within the mod as well as the github page itself.

If you want to PM me that would be fine, but you could also go on irc.esper.net and go on the channel #buildcraft .

Last edited:

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
I could give it a shot. I am not really an amazing texture artist, but I do alright.

UniversalRed

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that would be great :) , and good timing too, I was planning on having the alpha release of the mod nearing around by the early start of next week ;) .

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Give me a list of items and I will try to have them done by the weekend c: Assuming school or life doesn't screw me over

UniversalRed

Jul 29, 2019
Sure thing. Things that I plan to release in the next update are:
- mechanical Furnace front image
- mechanical transfuser front image
- mechanical desolator front image
- copper, tin, silver, lead, bronze, platinum (ORES, INGOTS, BLOCKS and DUSTS)
- gold and iron dusts
- machine back, bottom, top and sides images

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
If this is based on the Redstone Flux API, chances are that people will be using this with Thermal Expansion. You should make it so that if people are using TE, ore and dusts are disabled. Just a suggestion. Also as for textures I should have them done by tomorrow or Friday :3
Also can I have the other textures so that I can at least have a reference?

EDIT: Never mind about the other textures

Last edited:

UniversalRed

Jul 29, 2019
to Your first question, this mod used to be an addon for BC, so most of the BC community knows this mod than compared to the TE community, also, there is no need to disable metals if TE is installed because Ore Dictionary is registered with these metals, but you do make a point, I'll add a config to automatically turn off the metals if TE is installed.

And to your textures question, if you want the textures that were made with the older addon of RD, you can just go to the github page and download the zip(you can find the link above), then just extract the files from that zip and you'll have all the textures that you would want for reference within the resources/assets/reddistortion/* folder location. Hopefeully what I explained helps a bit ;)

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't able to find the texture so if the textures I am making are not to your liking, I will redo them too your liking ;u;

EDIT: Here is the Mechanical Furnace Active
w0ZKQy0.png

UniversalRed

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't need to have active and deactive modes ;) . It can just have one mode in general

also, don't try to make those textures seem like there more TE sided, I'd prefer textures similar to these ones, but changed in a way you find reasonable:
metallurgicInfuser_front.png
gearmachine_sides.png
gearmachine_bottom.png
gearmachine_back.png

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
I already finished them all, but I am going to change them all x3. They all suck. And I want to re-do them. This is what I have done. imgur A lot of the ores and dusts look fugly and I wanted to give the machines a more clockwork feeling to them while remaining more industrial, but I failed at that too xD

UniversalRed

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest with you, you seem to have done great with the ores, dusts, blocks and ingots(better than what I had done actually), its just the machines that could use more industrializing ;) . Also, theres no point in rushing textures, its better to take time to get things done perfectly.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
If I might chime in, the textures you referenced @UniversalRed were definitely Unity style textures. I might point you in the direction of the Thermal Foundation unity textures I have finished. The only thing that there are not at the moment is bronze ore as there isn't actually every a bronze ore because it is an alloy. We encourage people to use the textures when they completely overlap because it encourages a uniform feel between mods. https://github.com/VapourDrive/Unity Not hating on any of the textures that @Lyra_Chan has done at all :) I have worked on some of the recent Unity updating and would be willing to also lend a hand. If anyone ever wants to chat about textures you are welcome in the #MinecraftUnity channel on esper.net.