Whitelist Server }}} (In Development) -=Infinity Pack=- (Paid for Whitelist) <{Feedback Needed!}> Fresh World{{{

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Would you be willing to pay $5 to play? (READ WHOLE POST BEFORE VOTING)

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Blacke

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, With past experiences from hosting several whitelist server, I find myself almost babysitting drama between younger players, and people who lie about their age in the whitelist application, and no one likes griefers, so many many items that are used to glitch/dupe don't need to be blocked! So here's my idea:

My idea is to have a server that costs $5, one time fee, to be whitelisted on my server, this is limit the griefers, kids who don't have paypal/creditcards, and will hopefully only bring long term players who are serious about the modpack
This server will have:
-Not a single blocked items
-no restrictions for any players
-/home and /sethome (maybe)
-/tpa (also maybe)
-plugins to roll back any griefing, just in case

I need some feedback on this, I am NOT in it for the money, I am not even expecting to profit from it, all money made will probably not even cover the server cost.

Server specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Cores : 4
2x 8192MB
Located East Coast USA

Last edited:

Rogier

Jul 29, 2019
@omegaz . Its not making money off the minecraft server its a starting fee for the server that it will cost. so technical or paying for the hardware(server) and not for minecraft it self. And myself think its a great idea!

Blacke

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help @Rogier, I've been busy and unable to respond

@omegaz The server will be %100 non-profit, I will details on payments and stuff like that to prove that the money from the players is going to help pay for the server, and not to me, the amount of players who but this will probably not even be able to cover the cost of the whole server, i wont let that many players on anyways, because of ftb lag

ColourfulPenis

Jul 29, 2019
The best person to have leading a server as i have played many of his before and all are successful. Money will also not be a problem as i have donated some money to make this server happen! Good luck again blacke and i will be defiantly playing this server!

Reactions: Blacke

SurrealDelight

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure this is against the EULA... It doesn't matter what you use the money for, Mojang says you can't use any of their stuff to make money ... which is what this idea is. The idea behind what you're trying to do is good, but the way you're executing it isn't legal.

Deastraeus

Jul 29, 2019
According to the EULA Q&A membership fee's, including 1 time membership fees and subscription fees are allowed.

Source:
"Can I charge for access to my server?
Yes. How players join a server is up to you. Single entrance fees or subscriptions are both allowed."
https://www.mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

On the other hand, I have a server and I tried to make it Pay to play. It doesn't work, at all. The best and only legal option is to beg players for money or offer special cosmetic ranks to your server.

Reactions: Blacke

Blacke

Jul 29, 2019
According to the EULA Q&A membership fee's, including 1 time membership fees and subscription fees are allowed.

Source:
"Can I charge for access to my server?
Yes. How players join a server is up to you. Single entrance fees or subscriptions are both allowed."
https://www.mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

On the other hand, I have a server and I tried to make it Pay to play. It doesn't work, at all. The best and only legal option is to beg players for money or offer special cosmetic ranks to your server.
Ya, i was just seeing if people would actually pay to play, i only wanted a small community and mature players, who were serious about playing, hopefully some people take my offer, or i could lower it to like $1 so only people who own credit cards can play or something simple

SurrealDelight

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I was wrong, but it's pretty risky to do something like this. I'd be pretty iffy to pay since I'd not know what the people on the server are like, whether the staff is corrupt or not, etc. Maybe a greylist kind of thing could work?

DrBMFT

Jul 29, 2019
id even be more than willing to pay 5 or more bucks each month to be on a good server with good people that actually have something invested. i found this forum because i thought a pay to play server would be a good idea for a group of serious player. i can also see how it may not attract too many people. Id love to be a part of it if things work out. ive been playing infinity singleplayer, its been a couple year since ive played ftb on a good server. it was the most fun ive had playing ftb.

DrBMFT

Jul 29, 2019
sorry to post again, but i also feel that with prices as low as $5 if the server isnt what i expect its not much of a loss to just quit. you seem like you have your heart and head in the right place and arent trying to rip people off. Servers are pricey and a lot of trouble at times to maintain. especially mod packs. i see nothing wrong with contributing to the costs of something im a part of

gukliuyk

Jul 29, 2019
if you just want to hinder people in joining the server which may be underaged or griefers why such an arbitrary number for a fee?
i mean if its all about making sure that people too young to have means of online payment (unlikely parents are careless these days) why dont you make it 1 cent, and let the paypal transaction fees deal with the rest?
also buying into a server with 0 knowledge of the specs nor proof of its existance, or any way to verify a dedicated, quality server with an on call host is a fools play.

Blacke

Jul 29, 2019
if you just want to hinder people in joining the server which may be underaged or griefers why such an arbitrary number for a fee?
i mean if its all about making sure that people too young to have means of online payment (unlikely parents are careless these days) why dont you make it 1 cent, and let the paypal transaction fees deal with the rest?
also buying into a server with 0 knowledge of the specs nor proof of its existance, or any way to verify a dedicated, quality server with an on call host is a fools play.
Server specs are on the post, I'm not even sure of doing it yet, I was just looking for feedback....