Impregnated Frames

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Chance

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone actually timed them out and seen how long they last? I cant find any info for them. I am looking for this information so that I can fine tune my production and distribution of the frames.

Chance

Jul 29, 2019
You can pipe frames into frame housing. I am doing it very successfully right now.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
You can pipe frames into frame housing. I am doing it very successfully right now.
Ah, kk. In that case, could you not just use redpower to pipe them in, as it won't travel unless there's space in the inventory? Usually relying on if/then checks is better than trying to time everything.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, kk. In that case, could you not just use redpower to pipe them in, as it won't travel unless there's space in the inventory? Usually relying on if/then checks is better than trying to time everything.
Yes for frame housings, no for apiaries (at least nothing I tried worked).

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
The only way to get frames into apiaries it to manually place them. This is deliberate, and any loopholes (routers were one) will likely be closed quickly. Frame housings are different (different mod) and do allow automation.

ex13

Jul 29, 2019
To answer the original question: Impregnated frames last exactly 240 cycles, each cycle being 27.5 sec (its exactly the interval after which bees produce their combs and the lifespan decreases). In total thats 110 minutes (only the time when a queen is in the alveary counts - since you are breeding and reinserting the bees inbetween, the actual time will be slightly longer). Proven frames last 720 cycles, untreated frames only 80 cycles (see http://ftbwiki.org/Frames). 240 cycles would be exactly 6 generations of bees with normal lifespan and no modifiers like chocolate frames. The lifespan of bees in cycles is given here: http://ftbwiki.org/Lifespan.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, you can use a router to place frames into apiaries, but you need to be able to specify the slot (I forget the router upgrade)... I think its slots 9, 10, and 11.

ex13

Jul 29, 2019
Soul frames, same duration as impregnated?

Soul frames have a duration of 80 cycles, like untreated frames. Of course, the reduce the lifespan by 25%, for a bee with normal lifespan from 40 to 30 cycles, so you can use soul frames for more generations of bees than untreated frames.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, you can use a router to place frames into apiaries, but you need to be able to specify the slot (I forget the router upgrade)... I think its slots 9, 10, and 11.
This was true for a short time, but is no longer true. You can however use routers to pipe them into a whole slew of alveary frame housings to make it easy. Just put a chest between each alveary so that they are a set of continuously connected inventories.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

It will travel. It will just bounce back if there's no room. That's why I tend to have a return path with a restriction pipe to prevent a whole bunch of them bouncing in the tubes. After a while it will block but then whenever there's room ALL the blocked frames will bounce to and from, which I rather dislike (and can't be good for CPU either).