Impossible to recover items from deaths at sea

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

CheesyButler95

Nov 30, 2021
The fact that you have less than ten seconds of air before you immediately start drowning in combo with the ultra slowness and mining fatigue make it impossible to recover items from gravestones if they're underwater, especially at the ocean floor. I think the lack of air without a suit is definitely not supposed to be that way especially with the big fat 45 on the bubble bar, but the mining fatigue II makes it impossible to break any block once you get it, and that's just not cool. Having to prepare a spare scuba suit especially when you have no opportunity to do so other than to just pile in the extra resources, there's no way to just end up with a spare set lying around naturally, and to need the forethought to have an extra suit lying around, or even just having to make one if you die, just... really doesn't feel good.
Also, I don't know how in the cinnamon you're supposed to get kelp from the bottom of the ocean to get the thing you need to GET to the bottom of the ocean other than random chance crate searching, which is also lamesauce and needs the swimming to be fixed to be functional.
TL;DR Make non-suit bubble bar last the 45 it says, minimum more than the <10 seconds its at currently & make the mining fatigue effect either level 1 or remove it as its impossible to break any blocks(gravestones) with it ever and that makes me sad :((

thexalien

Jan 17, 2021
Your breath is tied to how deep you are in the water. Just like in real life the deeper you go the more constricted your lungs would be. Seamoth(s) and/or an additional diving suit would solve your problem. Your oxygen level going down fast and getting debuffed is one of the main point of this pack, so you have to find a work around to get things done in the ocean. Naturally, most people would have more than one suit as breaking the barrels and krates on the rafts at sea level is very beneficial for supplies at the early game. Not sure what you mean by swimming needs to be fixed as you don't go into detail. However, if swimming is an issue for you, for some, reason consider making a boat from smallships as they don't require you to swim and have storage.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

CheesyButler95

Nov 30, 2021
your breath is nOT CONNECTED to how deep you are in the water, i just tested it, and you have just as much time right below the surface as you do diving as far as you can. If its supposed to be, i understand, but its not. Also, if it really is supposed to be impossible to swim without the gear, why is being able to swim a requirement to GET the gear in the first place? Or, if theres a loop around to getting kelp from somewhere that isnt the ocean floor, that isnt mentioned anywhere in the pack, and you have to find your own way to be able to do hardly anything concerning the ocean.
And, the swimming issue thing is the mining fatigue, mostly; its not just a hinderance, it completely removes gameplay altogether if you dont have the right gear, which if youre like me and assume that it isnt impossible to be in the ocean, you die, and that makes all items unrecoverable, which is a gamebreaker early on.
Its hard, and thats great, but its really Really hard. If you want it to be hard, thats okay, but at the very least it should be more forgiving.

thexalien

Jan 17, 2021
Breath is 100% connected to depth, if you were to take a seamoth and get out at the bottom of the ocean floor you'd find your breath would almost instantly be gone without diving gear. On the surface, you have a handful of seconds before your breath is completely drained. Anyways, you get gear from the krates and barrels on the surface which you should be using boats to get to and from and you should never be debuffed because you'll be in a boat not swimming. Meaning swimming/diving under the water is not a requirement to get the gear to be able to swim without getting debuffed. You do not need to craft - the diving gear it can be found as intended by the pack as kelp is found at the seabed which is the problem you're facing.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

thexalien

Jan 17, 2021
Unfortunately, I don't see any config file to just make it easier by removing the debuff you receive while diving underwater without the proper equipment, though I may have missed it.

CheesyButler95

Nov 30, 2021
Okay, then i guess it’s just harder than i’d like it to be, which is fine. It does make underwater deaths almost a pure progress reset, though, and it would be nice if there was an easy way to make gravestones end up on the surface of the water, but i understand.