Immersive Engineering Is breaking Mystical Agriculture

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

ToastedNuggets

Hey guys! This is my first post so hello, I'm Kayli. Today I wanted to talk about how Immersive Engineering has a machine called Garden Cloche that allows crops to be mass produced and mass grown. This for a low cost of-
4 iron
1 copper
2 glass
2 wood
2 iron plates
Infinite Water source
and Any amount of bone meal

This machine is at that low of a cost and holding less than 16,000 IF.

Something my friend and I have noticed while playing Sky Factory 3 1.10.2 is how OP this mod really is when used with Mystical Agriculture. While the machine harvests a crop it takes a crop a copies the seed and collects the drops, for example, it will harvest wheat and take a basic seed when harvesting, giving you 1 seed and 1 Wheat. We used a Darconium Tier 5 seed and harvested over 3,200 of these seeds within 10 minutes of harvesting with 12 Gardening Cloches. We started with 1 tier 5 seed and were able to get 3,200 of these that quickly? That's insane and way overpowered for the cost of that machine.

It takes over 2,000 inferium essence to get 1 tier 4 inferium seed, over 36,000 inferium to get 18 of those seeds. That's fair, but with 12 of this machine, we are able to get 28 of these tier 4 seeds in less than 2 minutes of the machine fully functioning. As seen above, the cost of this machine is cheap it takes less than 1 minute to make 1 of these machines and with 12 we can make over 60,000 inferium essance worth of seeds? That's game breaking good if you ask me.

We decided to void all the drops we collected from this as it's just too good, and we enjoy playing the game too much to throw it away that fast. I was wondering if anything could be done about this, maybe the machine taken out of the game or something along those lines.

Thanks for your time
- Kayli

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here's the thing. The cloche IS quite powerful, but it most mod packs it doesn't make a big difference; it can be handy for stuff like AA's canola, or IE's own hemp, but not ridiculously so. When you've got mods like Mystical Agriculture, which are already extremely powerful, and become what some might call overpowered as soon as automatic harvesting is possible, then the interaction between the mods becomes problematic. But, that is not the fault of IE or the cloche. The extra seeds are configurable in Mystical Agriculture, I believe, though they may be part of IE.

You have the choice not to use the cloche. I think its a bit much to ask it to be removed from the game or changed. If the recipe has been left as it is, it has been done so for a reason. In some packs, it is changed to be more expensive! But I mean, it is called Sky Factory - you're meant to make a bunch of stuff presumably!

TL;DR, its a fact of the pack, and the mod interactions. It's not "breaking" the mod. I'd assumed it was some sort of bug with that phrasing!

Reactions: ToastedNuggets
T

ToastedNuggets

@KingTriaxx
What's that mod pack name? We downloaded Sky Factory 3 1.10.2 right from Twitch, nothing custom and I doubt this mod, that allows the seeds to be collected, would be automatically implemented into the pack.

Also Thank you @GamerwithnoGame, I understand what you mean.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
MystAgrad Cloche Compat is the mod I'm thinking of, but it only has a 1.12 version. It's possible they included custom mod/craft tweaker compatibility for IE in the pack.