immersive engineering force java 8

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

evilbreed83

Jul 29, 2019
Title immersive engineering force java 8

Launcher Type

Modpack sevtech ages

Modpack version 3.0.04

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue Game crashed when getting into immersive engineering, i get a waring about installing up to date java to prevent game crash and to make sure i use java 8 not 9 and forcing my laucher to use it. my java is 1.8.0_25 but I also don't know how to force my launcher to use 8 not 9. i launch from the twitch app as well if that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TheMadCat

I use legacy launcher (so no love for linux), so I can't help you there. However, if you don't need java 9 installed try uninstalling it. Also, the most-to-date version at this time of posting is Version 8 Update 161 . See please head over to https://java.com/en/download/ and get the latest 8 version . It's a bad idea to use out dated software like Java, flash, browser, and etc.