Open Immersive Engineering Crude Blast Furnace will not smelt iron into Steel

Spellchk

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Immersive Engineering Crude Blast Furnace will not smelt iron into Steel

Pack Version 1.6

What is the bug? The crude blast furnace will activate when you put both coal coke/Charcoal and iron into it. However the progress bar will not move and the furnace will not smelt the iron into steel nor create any byproduct. It is always stuck on 0%. Tried this with every fuel that would work as well as turning the ingots into blocks.

Mod & Version Immersive Engineering 0.12-77

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes

Known Fix

Last edited:
M

MIC6890

Have you also waited a bit? steel takes very long to produce in the blast furnace.

E

ettubrandon

Have you also waited a bit? steel takes very long to produce in the blast furnace.
Can't directly speak for the OP but based on his wording it is consuming the materials repeatedly so I can assume he's waiting.

What I can directly speak to is that I'm having the exact same issue in FTB Revelation 1.6. It's consuming both the coke coal and the iron- with the internal flame icon in the blast UI is burning through again and again but the progression bar when facing it externally stays at 0% and it all ultimately leads to no output. Frustrating to say the least.

Spellchk

Jul 29, 2019

I have yes but thank you for your reply. I am pretty familiar with immersive engineering and its mechanics as its one of my favorite current mods. Just as an experiment to see if the ratio was adjusted by the mod pack I used a full stack of coal coke blocks to try to smelt one iron ingot. It failed to ever raise past 0%. So something is defiantly wrong. On a side note steel can still be made with other mods and then used in immersive engineering. However I was hoping to do another play though using most or only immersive engineering and immersive petroleum while still playing on our server with friends. This bug makes that impossible as steel from the crude blast furnace is needed to make its advanced form.

M

Mr Respect

not just me then i thought i was doing something stupid