I'm new here from tekkit, I have some questions about what modpack is for what.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I would go with the DW20 modpack, as it's more like the older packs. The newer packs are aimed to newer mods made and at times, like with monster you get mods that don't really go well together, don't make sense together, and just flat out become OP together. DW20's pack is far more balanced, don't overload you, and has much of the familiar mods along with some new ones that fit in well. Plus you can add to it easy if theres a mod you really liked that it may not have.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Monster - This is Slowpoke's flagship pack that he intends to use for his newest 'Feed the Beast' challenge map.

Horizons - This is started off as a showcase pack to show the community many mods that haven't been in FTB packs before. From what I've observed, it may be evolving into something more, with all the tweaks to configs Eyamaz has been doing.

Direwolf20 - This is a pack with the mods that Direwolf20 wants to use for his single player Let's Play series, though it is build and maintained by the FTB modpack team. It has a fun mix of tech and magic that Direwolf20 likes to use, and in many ways is similar to what can be seen on the Forgecraft servers.

Tech World 2 - This pack includes lots and lots of technology mods.

Magic World 2 - This pack includes lots of magical mods.

FTB Lite 2 - This pack is designed to have a small footprint and is the only FTB 1.6.4 pack designed to be run on low end and 32-bit systems.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Dire's pack is probably the most similar to the older packs like Unleashed and Ultimate if you add a few mods and Horizons is great if you like new stuff, but IMO Monster is a bit too all over the place.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Mind you, those are just the official public FTB packs for 1.6.4. If you go into the realm of private packs, there's Test Pack Please Ignore (TPPI), made by the FTB Reddit crew. It harkens back to the feel of Ultimate. I just forget the private code to get access to it.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

clonex10100

Jul 29, 2019
Monster - This is Slowpoke's flagship pack that he intends to use for his newest 'Feed the Beast' challenge map.

Horizons - This is started off as a showcase pack to show the community many mods that haven't been in FTB packs before. From what I've observed, it may be evolving into something more, with all the tweaks to configs Eyamaz has been doing.

Direwolf20 - This is a pack with the mods that Direwolf20 wants to use for his single player Let's Play series, though it is build and maintained by the FTB modpack team. It has a fun mix of tech and magic that Direwolf20 likes to use, and in many ways is similar to what can be seen on the Forgecraft servers.

Tech World 2 - This pack includes lots and lots of technology mods.

Magic World 2 - This pack includes lots of magical mods.

FTB Lite 2 - This pack is designed to have a small footprint and is the only FTB 1.6.4 pack designed to be run on low end and 32-bit systems.

Thanks! That's exactly what i needed

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! That's exactly what i needed
And Magic Farm makes early game really hard, and unlike Monster, doesn't feel like just a bunch of mods thrown together just for the heck of having everything. The mods actually work well together, and it offers more balance than other packs.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
monster isnt that resource intensive... im running it on my 850$ laptop..

although i am starting to suspect my laptop is a oddity because im running a 205 mod modpack and its fine... (it must be a alien robot:eek:)

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
monster isnt that resource intensive... im running it on my 850$ laptop..

although i am starting to suspect my laptop is a oddity because im running a 205 mod modpack and its fine... (it must be a alien robot:eek:)

What specs does it have?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
hrm it has inteli5 2.60ghz 16gb ram windows 8 64bit. anything else (question mark)

my question key does this : É

sporemasterjw

Jul 29, 2019
hrm it has inteli5 2.60ghz 16gb ram windows 8 64bit. anything else (question mark)

my question key does this : É
Thats all minecraft needs to play, its actually overkill. See, minecraft is CPU intensive so a full on GPU isnt really needed, I can run it at 60 fps with an A10-6700k and 8GB 1600mhz ram