I'm new and I don't understand

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tony51

Jul 29, 2019
Pack: FTB Infinity
Hey there everyone
Ok first I want to say I'm new, and I don't know lots of mods. I really can't organize how I can do anything or even what I want to do. I dont understand how to combine these mods, for example I want to build tree farm but i don't have enough power or resources to do it fully automated.

So my question is about which or how to combine mods to make logistic and automatic things, because it becomes boring remodeling all power resources for quarry from BC because I did IC2 power and i don't know how to convert power.

Could you say which way you progressing? Thank you

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
Pack: FTB Infinity
Hey there everyone
Ok first I want to say I'm new, and I don't know lots of mods. I really can't organize how I can do anything or even what I want to do. I dont understand how to combine these mods, for example I want to build tree farm but i don't have enough power or resources to do it fully automated.

So my question is about which or how to combine mods to make logistic and automatic things, because it becomes boring remodeling all power resources for quarry from BC because I did IC2 power and i don't know how to convert power.

Could you say which way you progressing? Thank you
Maybe use TE power

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK, IC2 power doesn't play too well with most other mods in Infinity. You can either look up information about IC2 and try to make what you want to using that, or try going into other mods. Thermal Expansion, Ender IO, Extra Utilities and later Big Reactors all produce RF, which is much more common amongst mods in Infinity. You can make a very simple tree farm with a harvester and planter from Minefactory Reloaded.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Worth noting to watch a few LP [lets play] series on youtube if you're unsure on how to get going.
A lot of us came here through Direwolf20- he's pretty good at explaining stuff.
Mod spotlights are a crash course in an individual mod- semi decent if you're stuck on something specific, but everythings pulled out of creative to show you how machineX does Y, rather than more detailed info on how to approach it if you're totally new.

Reactions: Padfoote

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Look up Rednet Energy Cable. It's relatively simple to make and can natively convert your IC2 power into RF which Buildcraft runs on. You really only need one as the last link in the chain between Buildcraft and IC2. The standard conversion has been 10 RF make 2.5 EU, so going the other way shouldn't be too much issue.

An alternative is Forestry's Electric Engine, which does the same thing. It can also be upgraded for power and efficiency, though I'm not sure of the numbers.