I'm in search of Skyblock power options

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Andy Jorgensen

Jul 29, 2019
I am using furnace generates for everything right now and it looks like big reactors is a little further out there in progression I'm curious what others are using for power and how you progress to each type

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
im personally using Beef Wellingtons in a culinary gen for power currently. I used a survivalist gen to power the few machines i needed to get everything ready. Once i had the materials for the culinary gen and beef wellingtons i manually crafted and fed them until i could make a harvester and get the beef wellingtons auto crafted with transfer nodes. My current farm has the 4 crops needed in 4 12x12 sections and 12 pressers to may the firm tofu. Im currently producing ~10K RF/T and my farm can handle ALOT more.

Reactions: Andy Jorgensen

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I like IC2 nuclear reactors. They are more expensive and require a decent amount of work to get to them but they produce a nice amount of power. Currently using 12 uranium fueled reactors that I made before I discovered a better kind. They produce 420 EU/T or 1680 RF/T each. Currently making 4 MOX fueled reactors. at a heat level that doesn't harm me or the enviroment except for nearby water the two I have active produce 1100 EU/T or about 4400 RF/T each.

As a bonus they all produce plutonium as through normal use that is used for the RTG Pellets and iridium and bedrockium. Granted you could make UU matter to do the same thing which is kind of what I'm doing with the excess power. 49 buckets of UU and slowly growing.

Edit: I'll also say that before using nuclear reactors I was using Ender IOs combustion generators with jet fuel. only 160 rf/t but with 6 of them it wasn't that bad. They didn't like outputting to IE's MV wire connectors so I had to use buildcraft pipes to pipe it into a MV capacitor

Last edited:

Andy Jorgensen

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I like IC2 nuclear reactors. They are more expensive and require a decent amount of work to get to them but they produce a nice amount of power. Currently using 12 uranium fueled reactors that I made before I discovered a better kind. They produce 420 EU/T or 1680 RF/T each. Currently making 4 MOX fueled reactors. at a heat level that doesn't harm me or the enviroment except for nearby water the two I have active produce 1100 EU/T or about 4400 RF/T each.

As a bonus they all produce plutonium as through normal use that is used for the RTG Pellets and iridium and bedrockium. Granted you could make UU matter to do the same thing which is kind of what I'm doing with the excess power. 49 buckets of UU and slowly growing.

Edit: I'll also say that before using nuclear reactors I was using Ender IOs combustion generators with jet fuel. only 160 rf/t but with 6 of them it wasn't that bad. They didn't like outputting to IE's MV wire connectors so I had to use buildcraft pipes to pipe it into a MV capacitor
Do you have a link to your design Ive never done a Ic2 reactor before

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Immersive Water Wheels. Basically just focus on Coke Oven to get the Creosote, and make one IC2 Generator to power an IC2 Metal Former (to make the waterwheel Shafts).

If you follow this image you will get 88 RF/t from each triple wheel setup. I use 8 of them for 700 RF/t which has been plenty to do everything (in conjunction with 2 Redstone Energy Cells to provide storage and buffer).

Note that the water blocks in the middle of the wheel are not necessary. Just put the top two rows of water blocks and the bottom one. Build it and forget it! No maintenance or nothing. Water wheels rock.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Go to the second post in this thread, and build the second reactor listed (where it says "Bonus: higher output" and "Eu/t: 120 Efficiency: 6")
There's a screenshot you can view, those are the components that go inside your IC2 Nuclear Reactor block in that exact pattern.

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11729

I used 8 of these little babies to power my previous Infinity Evolved world. They'll never blow up, all you need to do is be careful of the radiation sickness while working with the fuel rods. And of course, the whole reason to use them (besides being little powerhouses) is because every 5 hours or so you'll have a new batch of Plutonium for your advanced items.

If you build 4 of those reactors (they're single-chamber reactors, the easiest and simplest type), you'll get 4*120 EU/t = 480 EU/t total power output... and since an MFE outputs 512 EU/t, it's a very good match. Run your nuke power into the MFE, and power your stuff off the MFE at a handsome 512 EU/t. :)

But if you've never done IC2 before, it's not the easiest thing in the world, so you might have to ask more questions as you proceed.

Reactions: Andy Jorgensen

Andy Jorgensen

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the second post in this thread, and build the second reactor listed (where it says "Bonus: higher output" and "Eu/t: 120 Efficiency: 6")
There's a screenshot you can view, those are the components that go inside your IC2 Nuclear Reactor block in that exact pattern.

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11729

I used 8 of these little babies to power my previous Infinity Evolved world. They'll never blow up, all you need to do is be careful of the radiation sickness while working with the fuel rods. And of course, the whole reason to use them (besides being little powerhouses) is because every 5 hours or so you'll have a new batch of Plutonium for your advanced items.

If you build 4 of those reactors (they're single-chamber reactors, the easiest and simplest type), you'll get 4*120 EU/t = 480 EU/t total power output... and since an MFE outputs 512 EU/t, it's a very good match. Run your nuke power into the MFE, and power your stuff off the MFE at a handsome 512 EU/t. :)

But if you've never done IC2 before, it's not the easiest thing in the world, so you might have to ask more questions as you proceed.
Thanks I will have to figure out how to convert some of that to rf to I will build one of these now

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks I will have to figure out how to convert some of that to rf to I will build one of these now

Look in the Infinity Evolved Expert Mode threads from 3-6 months ago (the non-Skyblock modpack) because we went over all these issues back then. I'm pretty sure I've got a post or two on that exact topic, because we figured it out (but too lazy to repeat it here right now LOL). The main thing is to understand exactly how the HV Connectors from Immersive Engineering works and how much the max RF-to-EU conversion is, and vice versa... because if you exceed it, the connector basically won't transmit anything which obv messes up the entire power network.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldnt build a reactor
If Ive never done It do It in a test World First
But ic2 reactors are not worth the cost/time/danger for that little rf they give u
Make either culinary Gens or a steam Boiler

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Look in the Infinity Evolved Expert Mode threads from 3-6 months ago (the non-Skyblock modpack) because we went over all these issues back then. I'm pretty sure I've got a post or two on that exact topic, because we figured it out (but too lazy to repeat it here right now LOL). The main thing is to understand exactly how the HV Connectors from Immersive Engineering works and how much the max RF-to-EU conversion is, and vice versa... because if you exceed it, the connector basically won't transmit anything which obv messes up the entire power network.
4 rf = 1 EU
Makes the Hv transformer Transport 4096 rf or 1024 eu /t

Last edited:

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=8966 <--- this has a nicely organized thread of reactor designs depending on the size of the reactor you want.
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...hz1wpiyjp8vtdslza80m00drdsvntps8fdm4xmr3ydlhc <---- this is the uranium reactor design that I currently use 12 of, the high power high running cost from the above thread.
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9866&pageNo=16 <---- MOX reactor designs, first large quoted section
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...xvfurs0mxi92skw0pdd4b5mcqh29oxdi8cxafjz51n1hw <---- the 6 reactor chamber, 5 quad mox rods design that I use for my design, note that the design program doesn't support MOX reactors so it will only give the base 0 heat reactor output. 69% heat is 1138ish EU/T or 4500 RF/T.

I wouldnt build a reactor
If Ive never done It do It in a test World First
But ic2 reactors are not worth the cost/time/danger for that little rf they give u
Make either culinary Gens or a steam Boiler

Cost = negligable, we are in a skyblock and resources are easy to automate. I have 13k iron blocks. Actually in cost I'm actually saving power doing it this way because I'm can avoid using UU to make iridium or bedrockium.
Time = negligable, I've saved all the time needed to breed crops to get beef wellingtons and the majority of the automation I've done to make the reactors was already set up for other purposes. Reactors are filled with components by me sticking a request pipe MK2 on them and throwing a logistics disk pre-programmed with the reactor parts into it and then after they are done I organize the parts and replace the pipe with a Mk5 chassis(I use these everywhere because again resources are unimportant could use a MK2) wi th a pre-programmed active supplier for the rods and advanced extractor for the depleated rods.
Danger = none, I never touched a single radioactive component during the creation of the reactors, all of it is safely contained in my LP network and I use NEI to input the items into the modules. The Uranium reactors safely run at 0% heat never going up or down, the components never need replaced and the reactor runs fine with or without the rods in them. The MOX reactors run at 69% heat so they won't damage me, they aren't near water so I don't care that they can evaporate the water.

As for little RF they give. This is a image from my 4 MOX reactors being outputed through 2 hyper-energy nodes to a vibrant capacitor. 2016-04-14_04.30.03.png

Yes I suppose 18k RF/T isn't much. I mean I could have made 7 64x culinary generators and made about the same amount of power. I wouldn't have gotten the bonus plutonium though and more importantly everyone seems to be doing culinary generators because they are early game and easily duplicated. However they are also quite boring to do.

as for power conversion, Hyper-energy nodes transfer a lot of power from EU to RF. they have close to 2x the conversion rate of HV nodes and as a bonus they don't require 1 connection per a node to the capacitor bank. That same setup would of required 4 connections to the bank using HV wire connectors. The downside is they can't convert from RF to EU.

Last edited:

Andy Jorgensen

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help I have my first Ic2 reactor going and making RF took a while to figure out that the MFE could not be hooked directly to immersive engineering without a cable between the wire connector

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a good tutorial they would recommend for IC2 Reactors? Ive never even crafted any of the components needed and im at that point where i need to start one up to keep progressing on the tech side so this is coming up at a perfect time.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
so after googling, youtube and trial and error i got 4 single reactors running from the setup posted above. I was wondering tho if there was any different setups to maxamize the depleted cells? i dont care about eu i just want something safe and to deplete the cells as fast as possible, any setups you would recommend ?

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I was using the setup in this post before my world became unplayable (because of a bug between Ender IO and Thaumcraft, apparently, the reactors were working great.) Generates 28 tiny plutonium per run (which is one more than the other safe setups I found) and doesn't require any replacement of parts.

I was planning on switching over to Mox, though, as it produces plutonium faster,

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I was using the setup in this post before my world became unplayable (because of a bug between Ender IO and Thaumcraft, apparently, the reactors were working great.) Generates 28 tiny plutonium per run (which is one more than the other safe setups I found) and doesn't require any replacement of parts.

I was planning on switching over to Mox, though, as it produces plutonium faster,
how fast does it deplete the cells? my current setup is using 4 single reactors producing 32 ea ~ in 5 hrs

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Uranium, as I understand it, always takes the same amount of time to deplete. Mox takes half that time (which is why I was planning on switching once I'd used up all the quad cells I'd already crafted.) The only real way, therefore, to increase your production, is to spam more reactors. I had 8 running, powering my mass fab, recyclers, and replicator making more plutonium.

Given that each reactor requires 3 reactor chambers, it seems more efficient to build larger reactors and actually use the power they produce for something.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Im a complete noob to IC2 Reactors, last time i used IC2 period was 1.4.7 Ultimate pack(man i miss that pack) and i was just learning mods at that time .