I'm going to need a project.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So i've reached that part of the game.

My power system is more than stable, my ME drives are almost full of resources (struggling to contain it all even with ExtraCells storage XD).

Virtually everything in my base is automated, my main role is almost relegated to resetting my quarry (which i'm now setting to 256x256 blocks each time just for the lulz).

I've even finished all the thaumcraft research just to find something else to do.

Basically i'm almost obsolete, I need something huge to build...

Any ideas?

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I don't tend to build for a sake of building but you could move your base to one of the myscraft ages like void. Other project would be to scater your base around different diamentions so you would have to provide power to few different places. You could have like half a base in nether, overworld and the rest for example in twilight forest. So you would need to find a way to share resorces, energy etc between this places.

if you haven't tried get into bees and mess with them that always takes a while.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
You could always try to automate the collection of every item in a completly different way then you already are. Try to get as manny different ways as you can!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I don't tend to build for a sake of building but you could move your base to one of the myscraft ages like void. Other project would be to scater your base around different diamentions so you would have to provide power to few different places. You could have like half a base in nether, overworld and the rest for example in twilight forest. So you would need to find a way to share resorces, energy etc between this places.

if you haven't tried get into bees and mess with them that always takes a while.

Some interesting ideas there.

I'm trying to avoid bees in this playthrough, basically because I've gone mental with them in previous games (I had one playthrough in unleashed where I bred every species and started making enhanced galgadorian metal blocks entirely out of bee products).

Distributing base functions across different dimensions is a nice concept though, i've been meaning to find an excuse to expand my EnhancedPortals network for a while :)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
My current project is the advanced technological civilization raid of TF. I am going to go into TF and own it up with TNT, laser gun, etc. and set up iron golem containment squads. It'll be like a war against the evils in TF. Utilizing TC golems to resupply the front line turtles, which build iron golems. Those golems are then sent forward to fight.

Would be interesting.

Or I could just sent up an MFFS the size of the entire maze/labyrinth/witch tower and just watch everything die.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Make an AE Reactor Core where the center is a controller with cables leading out (kind of like sector 5 in code lyoko, but with cables instead of tunnels) and a bridge to the center, and make a giant sphere for the wall of the reactor with all ME Drives containting 64K storage cells.
Then automate crafting of EVERYTHING.

Reactions: Padfoote

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
In case you need sector 5 pics:
Tumblr_lyseznMuSn1qlvb12o1_500.png

7e2a481e2296fc43e0c8411d05954e3f1343271488_full.jpg

250px-Sector5.jpg

Le_lac_125.jpg

Wiki page: http://codelyoko.wikia.com/wiki/Carthage

Reactions: netmc

KaoticSoulz

Jul 29, 2019
Embark on the mission of making a stable dense ores age. (They say it's impossible... They're totally right. Do it anyways.)

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Setup a very fun and intricate network of sucessive nuclear devices all set via redstone delay to go off and the exact same instant inside your base, then flip the switch.

Barring that...have you DONE ALL THE THINGS?...you know...every single thing there is to do in ALL the mods you have installed? That could take a lot of time and could be quite fun, build a new building for each mod.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
A new building for each mod is a bit problematic in terms of utility.

Unless everything I want to do inside that building can be totally run by my ME network, it just means travel time each time I want to do things, but if it's just a case of an automated system and a chunk loader i'll eventually crash my FPS to the point of ridiculousness.

On second thoughts...game crashingly high levels of activity is sort of the point. BRB, going to set up tons of hilariously nonsensical sets of machinery to kill my PC :D

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
A new building for each mod is a bit problematic in terms of utility.

Unless everything I want to do inside that building can be totally run by my ME network, it just means travel time each time I want to do things, but if it's just a case of an automated system and a chunk loader i'll eventually crash my FPS to the point of ridiculousness.

On second thoughts...game crashingly high levels of activity is sort of the point. BRB, going to set up tons of hilariously nonsensical sets of machinery to kill my PC :D

I was about to say that I didn't see the problem, glad you realized the same thing

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I'm at a similar point, and have chosen to create a large (161 blocks across) dome, in which will be enclosed everything including farms and bees, on various layers following the shape of the legs. Way off being finished just yet. The late stage of the game for me is all about fantastic building with the materials you have amassed.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
BRB, going to set up tons of hilariously nonsensical sets of machinery to kill my PC :D
This will be why they rebel, mark my words.

Seriously though, one of the things you could do is set up some crazy rigged explosion sequence to annihilate your base as has been mentioned, but imagine that it is part of an attack that your enemy is launching against you. You know this attack is coming (obvs) but you have no way to stop it because of their military superiority. The only way to escape is to relocate your entire base as much as possible at the moment of attack. See if you can devise an automated base wide evacuation procedure that can operate while your base is in the process of being blown up that removes your ME storage and as much other stuff as possible.

You have to do it at the moment of attack otherwise you run the risk of alerting the enemy to the location of your fallback position.

When you have reconstructed your base in your fallback position you can prepare to wreak your terrible revenge.