I'm constantly blowing up for some (non-creeper) reason

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

Todd135

I keep blowing up and it's not creepers. There's no damage to the surrounding area but the explosion will either kill me or send me flying up into the air and the fall kills me. Is this part of a mod? If so which?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
What pack are you playing? And are you wearing the Gem Armor from ProjectE? The gem armor chestplate has the ability of blowing up, but I don't think it should kill you.

T

Todd135

No I'm not using that chest piece.
I'm using Direwolf20 v1.9.0. With a few added mods like lycanite mobs, and a couple more. It happens over and over. And when it happens it says "(player) blew up".

T

Todd135

Additional buildcraft objects, logic pipes, geostrat, and dragonApi

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is it happening in the same area each time, or rust randomly? My initial thoughts were Thaumcraft Hungry Node and instability in a Mystcraft Age. The former would eat the landscape over time, and the latter would only occur in said age.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I would check the configs for Lycanites Mobs. Maybe there is something happening with that mod (or another you've added) that makes mobs invisible. If this were the case, an invisible creeper could seriously wreck your day. There may also be a config to disable mob griefing (I know one exists in configs, but maybe a special one for just that mod's mobs).

Maybe try disabling the mods you've added, then see if it happens. If not, add them back one at a time over the course of a week or so (your play schedule should dictate) until it begins again.

I know this doesn't happen in DW20 as it ships, so the problem is likely in those mods you added. Good luck.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Noticed this with the Austere bees. The "explosion" seem to ignore any armor - instakill.

I have a facility in my base* in which I bred a variety of bees, specifically with hostile effects, to test their lethality and suitability as a base defense. I bred and tested bees with Poison, Hunger, Creeper, Aggressive and End effects.

Then the server got shut down before I could ... deploy my defensive perimeter.

Reactions: Pyure