IE:Skyblock Base

S

Sacar_

Hello all!

I already started this world on Infinity Evolved Skyblock a while ago. But, with the 'expert' recipes, it took a considerable amount of time and effort to get enough of an infrastructure set up, to actually start building something big. So I currently live in an ugly floating mess of things made up of all sorts of blocks. Not pretty, but it worked so far. With the wood requirements of carpenter's block, I feel the sawmill was the most important thing to have.

1p6W7Rz.png

Small Mob-Tower in the back with some cursed earth in it and a smeltery at the bottom, easy supply of blood and liquid ender. The water basin next to it is my natural squid spawner with an option to drop them into witchwater for ghast tears.

But once I had enough of an infrastructure set up I wanted to get started on building a base. In a void world it just had to be a space station sort of thing - how else do you explain living in a floating thing in the middle of nothing?

I currently have three levels completed. The first will hold (one of) my power set ups, the second is reserved for a shuttle bay and life support (i.e. water & lava generators, auto-ore sifting & smelting, etc.). Haven't yet decided in detail what goes on level three and I am planning at least three more levels.

8PUBTc0.png

D3Ag8t2.png

In the second image there is still a construction ring of cobble around the base. Still need to add some optical improvements to the outside.

So far the base already houses my lava generator, power generation, auto-sifting and auto-smelting, but none of those are really finished and also still need to be made prettier. I will post those later.

The only thing that is nearly finished is the shuttle bay. I still need to replace the drawbridge outer wall'o'glass with a shield from RF Tools but right now that would dig too much into my power supply.

SrBNriQ.png

DWQGRge.png

So that's it for now. More will follow.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ooh! Really nice work there! :D looking great so far, I love your shuttle bay with the suits hanging up!

S

Sacar_

A quick and short update. Prettied up a small part of the second level, mainly the area outside the little window in the shuttle bay:

JcLofag.png

Decided my space station sort of thing is currently in orbit around something, and that there is an atmosphere which just needs some 'purification' in order to be breathable. So I designed these air purification thingamajiggers (those are actually 2*4 ex nihilo crucibles making lava).

yTWRQPv.png

S

Sacar_

Thanks guys :)

In the past I always got bored with my bases and abandoned them in a sorry half finished state. But with feedback like this, I am sure that this time around I will be motivated enough to actually finish what I started.

S

Sacar_

I did some more work on the base over the weekend and level 2 of the base is now (almost) pretty.

Let's start with the main corridor just outside of the shuttle bay door:

sVd5Mj1.png

nq44kYs.png

If you look at the pictures closely, you'll see that the space station now has a name.. not the most creative, but whatever....

The OpenBlocks rotating elevator could be prettier, and perhaps it should have doors, but I tried a few designs and all lost when it came to practicality. I will be using this elevator a lot and I do not want to keep running into slow doors. So I will keep it open and ignore the ugliness of it.

It seems that it is rather cold in space so the base needs a central heating unit:

kvOjpBR.png

This hides two fully automated smelteries which handle the ores from my auto-sifting setup. The drum at the back wall is always kept full of witchwater by my automatic barrel system hidden behind a secret door. Beside witchwater, the barrels can semi-automatically produce soul sand and clay.

And since we are floating in nothing and have no streams or lakes to draw our water from we need to recycle our waste water. This is done in our water recycling system:

lWTL7SR.png

This hides my auto-sifting setup and an Extra Utilities water generator.

T9jAqBZ.png

You may have noticed the maintenance room in the back:

8WELsdM.png

Npy7V59.png

So apparently one needs an old-fashioned smeltery for general space station maintenance :)
I certainly need a manual smeltery for... well things...

I will just manually smelt gears here. If I flip the switch the little red light lets me know that the smeltery now auto-extracts any liquids inside into a hidden ingot cast.

In the back you may notice the Railcraft rock crusher half hidden in the wall. Also hidden behind the wall are two ender tanks keeping the lava and water barrels in the shuttle bay full, just in case I ever need a bucket of lava for... well you really always carry around a bucket of lava, don't you?

That's it for now. Let me know what you think of it!

I have a few ideas of what will happen on level three, so that's probably next.

S

Sacar_

I took a short break from minecraft and played something completely different for a while, so there is not too much progress with my Skyblock base. I actually feel rather silly posting the tiny bit of progress I have made, after seeing the incredible updates rhn recently posted.

I worked toward setting up a proper ME-Storage network and then moved my stuff to the space station. This is my ME-Hub.

tUxGLQd.png

KOJr0X5.png

All nice and clean. Well, almost. Apparently the IT guy left his laptop.

Part of my bulk storage is using hidden storage drawers. All my ores and ingots are in fully upgraded compacting drawers, which saves me the hassle of teaching my system to make blocks and nuggets for recipes. I have 16 disk drives, which should be more than enough. I also set up 12 molecular assemblers with three interfaces each. Auto-crafting really helps speed up things :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Stupid question. Does the sky always look nicely blue-and-white in this pack? It took me a second to figure out why I liked your window view so much and finally realized its because its not uniformly blue.

S

Sacar_

Stupid question. Does the sky always look nicely blue-and-white in this pack? It took me a second to figure out why I liked your window view so much and finally realized its because its not uniformly blue.

Well, not always, depends on the time of the (Minecraft) day. I think its actually a combination of Soartex and Optifine that creates white clouds on the horizon. Unfortunately it also creates a rather ridiculous dark blue void below y50 or so. But as long as you don't look down the sky does look nice :)

Reactions: Pyure
S

Sacar_

Not a lot has happened since my last update... blame it on real life, buggy behavior of some machines that annoyed the crap out of me and general laziness :)

But, while construction of the sky base continues, a strange thing has been spotted on the horizon:
MlHgYHK.png

Of course it called for an immediate investigation. It seems somehow an asteroid drifted up to our station.

aYbsAvY.png

(Well, not really. I built it, but don't tell anyone. Also: notice the weird blue background everywhere.)

Anyway, there was still a nuclear reactor floating in a cobble-monstrosity above the starting base, along with the setup that produced the UU-matter required for the ME-System. I could have moved the reactor to the sky base, it is completely safe. However, that's what they said about Chernobyl as well. Also, this is modded Minecraft and there is never a guarantee that something that was completely safe before doesn't suddenly completely derp out, so the reactor does not go into the main base. But a hollow asteroid somehow seems like the perfect place for a semi-automatic plutonium and UU-matter plant.

Cut-away of the asteroid:
Jut4IHa.png

Somewhat hastily put together. Could be improved a lot but.. meh!

I have also been working on getting a lot of stuff automated. Unfortunately some things decided to annoy me by simply not functioning the way I wanted them to. Probably I just did things wrong. It will take a lot more work to automate everything I want automated.

While that is going on, I work out of the Manual Science Lab at the base, which was recently completed:
mXpK4yu.png

tGjHSYe.png

Oh, and I managed to take a selfie. This is me in my new lab:

TFBW94P.png