IE:E Dagger of Sacrifice not getting LP?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
So, getting a bit bored of repeatedly stabbing myself, I managed to make a Dagger of Sacrifice in my tier 2 blood altar. Only got a vanilla dark room spawner above the altar (next job: get some cursed earth), but it's dropped a few mobs onto the top of the altar successfully.

However, the Dagger isn't putting LP into the altar. Have I missed something (this is my first time seriously messing with Blood Magic) ?
  • The altar is tier 2 (is a higher tier needed? tier 2 is enough to make the dagger)
  • Mobs have pretty much full health when I kill them (maybe half a heart down from the fall onto the altar)
  • Mobs die instantly when hit with the Dagger
  • Mobs are right on top of the altar, and I'm right in front of the altar.

Steve_59

Jul 29, 2019
If the mobs are dying from one hit with the dagger then it is working. Are you clicking the altar with a divination sigil to work out how much LP is in the altar? Clicking the air with the sigil shows your personal LP network, not the altars LP.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Yeah, I was checking with the sigil on the altar. As it happens, I came back later (after restarting the SSP world I'm in) and it was working fine. Just one of those things, I guess...