Idea for a farming and map based Adventure pack (like Rune Factory)

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
I've been waiting for this! Better Questing, Minecraft Comes Alive, Harvest Craft and Agricraft are all on 1.10.2 now, you smell what The Rock is cooking?

It's time for a 1.10.2 farming adventure pack a la Rune Factory and Stardew Valley!

Who else likes this idea?

I was thinking completely map based where you start in a town and you meet the NPCs and stuff, through better questing. And you accept quests from them for various tasks and some through the quest book, with location quest revealing the locations of certain dungeons and places to explore. All while progressing through a general story line.

Most questing I see is just questing for the sake of questing, few packs try to frame it as a coherent story.

Could I get some feed back and thoughts on this idea for a project? Obviously it would take a long time to complete and I may need help making an entire world map. But it sounds fun now that all the main mods needed for this are on 1.10.2.

Also any recommendations for 1.10.2 mods that would add to this concept? Like a mod that adds decent and varied weapons, but not tinkers.

Base features from the mods that fit the theme:
- Custom NPCs with individual looks and attitudes
- Befriending NPCs
- Marriage
- Farming and Progression of Crops
- Quests from NPCs including location, collecting, killing, and meet quests

Things that can be done with existing minecraft Features
- Make a custom map
- Spawn certain enemies in certain locations when the player is near.
- hand-made pre-made dungeons and places of interest
- Spawning certain bosses in certain locations for boss fights.

Things I'm NOT looking to do:
- No Automation, there should be very little to no automation in the pack
- No tech or RF, this is supposed to be a fantasy pack
- limited magic, While some magic would be OK I'm not looking for it to be the dominating part of the pack
- I will not add hundreds of quests to pad the run time of the pack or to claim I have "lots of quests"

Last edited:

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Yea... it looks interesting and maybe up your alley. Plus aquaculture

Edit: druidry may also be a possibility. Given your nature theme

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
I just remembered custom NPCs is a thing, and there is a 1.10.2 build for that mod! that will add a lot of depth to this pack :)

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
There is a Modpack out called Farming Valley, available on the Curse Launcher. Very similar to what you are proposing. I am not mentioning this to devalue what you are proposing, but just something for you to look at.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Unless Agricraft changes it's mod integration from non-existent to ANYTHING I'm scrapping this idea.