ID Resolver and Servers

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so we're trying to set up a server for 4 players to use. In order to do this, obviously all the config files need to be in sync for all the players. At least that's how it makes sense to me at this time. What happens when we need to use ID Resolver to fix problems with mods not playing well together due to using the same IDs? For example, Buildcraft and IC2 have conflicts which require ID Resolver in order to fix.

From what it looks like, ID Resolver reshuffles all the IDs so that none of the mods are duplicating any of them. Apparently all of the IDs are reassigned to new numbers. Well, if that's the case, how is it going to be possible to play multiplayer on a common server? If we all install ID Resolver, what's to guarantee that each person's pc will come up with synchronous IDs for all the blocks?

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
well if you just use feed the beast with its default configs everything should work fine since they have gone and made sure the id's do not conflict if you however manually add extra mods then you need to manually fix it yourself
should something still conflict then setup the correct configs on the server and then copy and give them out to your users this will make sure that they are using the same numbers as the server is

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I understand that, and very much appreciate the effort the modpack developers put into that. Default FTB for 1.4.2 works fine. That's not what I'm talking about though.

What I'm trying to do is get as many of the FTB mods as possible playing well together in their 1.4.5 versions. The way I've gone about this is to begin with Magic World as a base, and then start adding the 1.4.5 versions of the other FTB mods to it. The first one I added was IC2, and immediately discovered an ID conflict issue. Hence the situation.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
I think in your case (as INCSlayer suggested) you'll have to set up the config files correctly on the server and then send these config files to each user, since it's only 4 people this shouldn't be too much of a hassle, this is the only reliable way to ensure the server and all the clients share the same configs. On a larger server you might provide a link to download the config files.

Reactions: shockwave95

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
The big question is... Can I use ID Resolver to initially set up the proper config files, and then uninstall ID Resolver and have the config files still be ok? Initial 1st test suggests this doesn't work.

Having to do all the IDs manually could potentially take hours.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used ID Resolver, but is it possible to take a copy of the config before you uninstall ID Resolver and then place this back once it's uninstalled (incase the uninstall process resets the config files back to default)?

Hence the amount of work that goes into modpacks :p

Reactions: shockwave95

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
well before FTB i usually put the mods i use together manually and among the ~40 mods i use there where actually not that many conflicts i mean sure i had to fix some mods but it was usually the smaller ones so id go with letting the mods use their default ID's and then configuring just the ones that pose a problem that should not take more than an hour and once you have done it you wont have to do it again

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I never use ID resolver (unless a mod doesn't have a config and now i tend to avoid those ones since ID resolver causes all sorts of issues) and I'm running a variable number of mods between 50 and 60, it takes about 30 mins or so to set up my pack after a change in MC version (it takes longer to find and download the mods than it does to configure them to all play nice :D)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The big question is... Can I use ID Resolver to initially set up the proper config files, and then uninstall ID Resolver and have the config files still be ok? Initial 1st test suggests this doesn't work.

Here's how to do this...

First off, ID Resolver will SAVE all current ID's if none of them conflict. It won't overwrite them unless you tell them to.So you can run your game once, resolve all ID conflicts, then it won't change things any further. If you add in additional mods, then those with conflicting ID's will be changed so as to resolve the error, unless you explicitly tell it otherwise.

Second, ID Resolver is not intended to be used with servers. For that, use MultiMC and Config Packs.

Using ID Resolver with FTB pack:

First off, install GUIAPI and ID Resolver into FTB pack in their proper locations.

Run it.

NOW add in any other mods you want to include in your FTB pack. Since the FTB pack default ID numbers are all saved, it will simply change the new mod's ID's to comply.

Done.

You can also print out an ID list which will tell you the ID and Block ID of all the mods, then go in and manually change them, if you so chose. However, MMC's Config Pack setting pretty much makes modpacks (other than ones with launchers like FTB) obsolete.

JZELITE

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to add more than 4096 block id's to minecraft? I'm using 93 mods in ftb right now and i am running out of id's and id resolver just says that block and item id hooks are disabled and conflicts will not be resovled.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Is there any way to add more than 4096 block id's to minecraft? I'm using 93 mods in ftb right now and i am running out of id's and id resolver just says that block and item id hooks are disabled and conflicts will not be resovled.
Nope, there is no currently known way to have more than 4096 block ID's.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
ok, I got ID resolver working with FTB but no matter what what I do I cannot get the buildcraft oil ids withing 1 of each other. any help?
Step 1: Run FTB Pack. Allow it to install normally.
Step 2: Add in ID Resolver. Start it up.
Step 3: Now that ID Resolver has saved all the ID configurations default to FTB, you may now install any other mods, because it won't change any of the already saved settings.

JZELITE

Jul 29, 2019
Step 1: Run FTB Pack. Allow it to install normally.
Step 2: Add in ID Resolver. Start it up.
Step 3: Now that ID Resolver has saved all the ID configurations default to FTB, you may now install any other mods, because it won't change any of the already saved settings.
does the pack have to be its vanilla version? and im using the universal electricity pack, but i have all the direwolf mods except for xlbiomes, thaumcraft and soul shards and portalgun (I have 92 mods loaded total)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
does the pack have to be its vanilla version? and im using the universal electricity pack, but i have all the direwolf mods except for xlbiomes, thaumcraft and soul shards and portalgun (I have 92 mods loaded total)
Yes it does.

Here's the thing, you are wanting a valid ID set for BC3. The only way to absolutely guarantee that is by installing a 'clean' copy of an FTB pack with BC3 in it, then install ID Resolver and run it. If you start tossing too many things into it before saving the configuration for BC3, the more likely this issue is to reoccur.

Alternately, there's an option to increase the priority of a mod. Do so for BC3 and everything else *should* conform to it, rather than the other way 'round.

JZELITE

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it does.

Here's the thing, you are wanting a valid ID set for BC3. The only way to absolutely guarantee that is by installing a 'clean' copy of an FTB pack with BC3 in it, then install ID Resolver and run it. If you start tossing too many things into it before saving the configuration for BC3, the more likely this issue is to reoccur.

Alternately, there's an option to increase the priority of a mod. Do so for BC3 and everything else *should* conform to it, rather than the other way 'round.
well, i tried installing id resolver on a fresh copy of the ultimate pack, and set the still and moving ids so that oil flowing is +1 oi still, still crashes with the same error :( it is nt a huge deal, my pc runs out of memory when i load more than 92 mods

blazingdrummer

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if you have resolved this issue already, or whether or not you care anymore, seeing as this thread is so old. But I thought that I would at least mention the solution in case anyone else stumbles upon this. In the config folder, there is a file called "IDResolverknownIDs.properties" That contains a record of all the shifted IDs from IDResolver. You can actually manually go in and change those, but you can also send that file to anyone wanting to play on the server. If they replace that file in the config folder, they will have the same ID setup as you and your server. Note that they must also have IDResolver installed. You can also install IDResolver into your server without the GuiAPI, and then place the same file into the config folder to set your server to the same IDs.

Gemain

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i managed to fix the problem with unleashed 1.1.2 (recommended) version.

What i did was:
Installed the game via the launcher (clean game again), run it and when in main screen quit.
Then i renamed the mods bop, enchanting plus and nether ores as i want those also.
Then i put the IDR and the gui into the core mod folder and run the game again.
Now IDR comes up and i set the show conflicts only on true and let it run.
This worked and before i had the oil crash when i fixed that i had the vec3 error ( i think this had to do with sphax).

And also got redlogic working so yeah its great

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019

I have 112 mods currently. Chances are you aren't running out of IDs.You just don't know which ones are free.

Open your game load into a world, then go into NEI options and have it dump all used and unused IDs to a text file. Then you go back out and add one custom mod at a time. If you get an error, you use your crash report to find what ID is conflicting, and then use your dumped ID list to find what IDs are free.

Gemain

Jul 29, 2019
I have 112 mods currently. Chances are you aren't running out of IDs.You just don't know which ones are free.

Open your game load into a world, then go into NEI options and have it dump all used and unused IDs to a text file. Then you go back out and add one custom mod at a time. If you get an error, you use your crash report to find what ID is conflicting, and then use your dumped ID list to find what IDs are free.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL just when i thougt it was IDR that had that option it was REI all along lol if you said this a day earlier i would have solved my shit the manual way haha anyway IDR works also :)

Thnx for the post btw if i ever have a problem with IDR i just use the old way again :D