ID conflicts

vKILLZ0NEv

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to add my own mods and occasionally I get ID conflicts, which is expected. I have had minimal experience dealing with this. However recently I ran into an issue where 2 mods had ID conflicts and neither had config files to edit the IDs. Is there another way to fix it or do I have to drop one?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm trying to add my own mods and occasionally I get ID conflicts, which is expected. I have had minimal experience dealing with this. However recently I ran into an issue where 2 mods had ID conflicts and neither had config files to edit the IDs. Is there another way to fix it or do I have to drop one?
What mods are you trying to use that doesn't have itemID/blockID configurations i nthe config files? Personally, I'd steer very clear of such mods.

vKILLZ0NEv

Jul 29, 2019
More Pistons and Advanced Machines are conflicting with each other and neither can have IDs edited.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Look again, AdvancedMachines does have IDs able to be edited. It's at the very top of the file, in fact.

Code:
####################
# ids
####################

ids {
    I:AdvancedMachineBlock=645
    I:guiIdCentrifuge=42
    I:guiIdRotary=40
    I:guiIdSingularity=41
    I:refIronID=29775
}

vKILLZ0NEv

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know where you found that. Because I just searched the entire folder and didn't find it.